Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
point to a good net or box or something for groceries and other things. I'm tired of **** sliding all over the place when I'm coming home from the store. Would a cheap plastic laundry basket be ok?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Laundry basket will slide also, so not sure it will be much help except for better containing items. We just put a rubber backed mat in the back and it kept anything from sliding around.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Is the footwell of the backseats available? That's a more confined space, yet larger than on most cars.
Like this suggestion.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
I use the cargo organizer from Honda. Its $48 at H and A.
It works GREAT for groceries and anything else that you put in the back!!
It has straps that attach to the hooks in the back so it does NOT move!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
We use the Honda cargo organizer from H & A too. First add-on purchase (after getting groceries first time and having canned goods rolling all over the place - front to back). Added benny is you can unsnap the partitions, and fold it totally flat and out of the way quicklky and easily without unhooking it from the tie-downs, when hauling bulkier items

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Milk crates from Target work well too.

·
Registered
428 Posts
We use the Honda cargo organizer from H & A too. First add-on purchase (after getting groceries first time and having canned goods rolling all over the place - front to back). Added benny is you can unsnap the partitions, and fold it totally flat and out of the way quicklky and easily without unhooking it from the tie-downs, when hauling bulkier items
+1

Great thing about Honda cargo organizer is 2 of slots are perfect size for paper grocery bags, & another large slot is perfect for 1 case of beer, wine..... :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
I bought a Honda Element cargo net from a Honda supplier on ebay. It works just fine, and I'm so glad I have it back there.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
we tried many different configurations, and dodads, but we almost always ended up with something sliding under the seats...

we don't get paper bags up here in Canada anymore, and those stupid platic ones are pretty useless...good thing they are (almost) phased out as well...if we don't bring our own reusable cloth bags, then the stores charge us for plastic ones....

Like bh241 said, the most effective is to just put a bungee cord thru the handles....cheap, easy, and effective

·
Registered
15 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I use the cargo organizer from Honda. Its $48 at H and A.
It works GREAT for groceries and anything else that you put in the back!!
It has straps that attach to the hooks in the back so it does NOT move!!
that looks cool, but no way in hell i'd pay 48 for what is basically a box with a honda logo. i saw something similar though at work (target) for 10 bucks so I may just get that

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
+1

Great thing about Honda cargo organizer is 2 of slots are perfect size for paper grocery bags, & another large slot is perfect for 1 case of beer, wine..... :D
Too funny.... :lol:

When I had my MINI Cooper, and people asked how big the cargo area was, I'd always answer with: "It will hold 4 cases of beer." :D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Too funny.... :lol:

When I had my MINI Cooper, and people asked how big the cargo area was, I'd always answer with: "It will hold 4 cases of beer." :D
I bet you our E could hold more than 4 cases of beer, if I don't have to worry about them sliding around. Maybe I just have to convince my wife this weekend to prove it. ;-)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I bet you our E could hold more than 4 cases of beer, if I don't have to worry about them sliding around. Maybe I just have to convince my wife this weekend to prove it. ;-)
take out both back seats and see how many cases will fit. good times to follow :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
You could try Ikea. I recently picked up a few of the "Komplement" polyester storage boxes from there. They come in packs of 3, in white or black with a red stripe/handle and cost USD $19.99 (CAD $24.99). If you get two packs like I did for a total of 6 they will fill up the whole cargo area with an inch or two to spare. I have not had them too long, but so far they work great for groceries and they can be easily folded flat to make room for larger items.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts