Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sweet!

I've been looking around the forum for some sweet pictures of a lifted Element to show my girlfriend and yours hits the spot. I love the tires and the lift doesn't look overkill. I want to get a second Element and go the lift route for the mountains. I love snowboarding and hate putting on chains. Thanks for the post, I really dig your setup!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Love it - the Element looks great lifted.

·
Registered
557 Posts
The lighting coming from above the roof makes it look like an

"aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" moment. Light from the sky...

Anyway, the tires and lift look great.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks real good, what size tires?

Did you buy a kit or was it done in-house?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
the CCM kit includes:

4 custom spacers
2 spc rear upper control arms
2 front camber bolts

i had mine done at the CCM shop.

its basically a variation of the sparman lift, but instead of using longer studs, the custom spacers have 2 sets of studs. 2 on the bottom that connects to the strut, and two on top to connect to the body. so there is no stress on the stud bolts. its all in the spacers.

pretty quick and tidy job. you can adjust the camber to get you out of the garage, but you should get it aligned asap. i went right to the alignment shop after the install. he said that it was bad, but of course its all adjustable now, so he tweeked it to perfection. the car runs straight and true.

there are no creeks, or noises, and it rides pretty smooth. well.. as smooth as can be with 225 mud tires.

the trick is in the spacers. they are die-cut for elements and with their stud system, its a quick and easy install. took one guy about 3 hours.

eveything else is just bolt on replacement parts. infact, you can easily go back to stock, by just removing the spacers. all the camber parts can stay on the vehicle as they have no effect on ride quality. infact, they can enhance it because now your car has fully adjustable camber.

this is the first custom lift kit for elements that i know of.

~ cheers!

PS - will post more pix soon!

·
Registered
126 Posts
the CCM kit includes:

4 custom spacers
2 spc rear upper control arms
2 front camber bolts

i had mine done at the CCM shop.

its basically a variation of the sparman lift, but instead of using longer studs, the custom spacers have 2 sets of studs. 2 on the bottom that connects to the strut, and two on top to connect to the body. so there is no stress on the stud bolts. its all in the spacers.

pretty quick and tidy job. you can adjust the camber to get you out of the garage, but you should get it aligned asap. i went right to the alignment shop after the install. he said that it was bad, but of course its all adjustable now, so he tweeked it to perfection. the car runs straight and true.

there are no creeks, or noises, and it rides pretty smooth. well.. as smooth as can be with 225 mud tires.

the trick is in the spacers. they are die-cut for elements and with their stud system, its a quick and easy install. took one guy about 3 hours.

eveything else is just bolt on replacement parts. infact, you can easily go back to stock, by just removing the spacers. all the camber parts can stay on the vehicle as they have no effect on ride quality. infact, they can enhance it because now your car has fully adjustable camber.

this is the first custom lift kit for elements that i know of.

~ cheers!

PS - will post more pix soon!
More pics would be great! What is the cost of the kit(not including labor preferably)? I can't seem to find it on their website. Just one size available?

Sorry for all the questions :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
You've just made the element perfect! Are those numbers the spacer size or the height gain? Just wondering what the net result was with the lift and (I'M assuming)225/75/16 tires.

·
Registered
478 Posts
as an owner of a lowered element...i have to say ...this is so sweet!! ....on the side note...couldnt you have brushed off those leaves!!! LOL

GJ!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool! Is that a tow bracket on the front?

i have the brockolli bar, and the brackets on the bottom are the mounting points for a bull bar.

You've just made the element perfect! Are those numbers the spacer size or the height gain? Just wondering what the net result was with the lift and (I'M assuming)225/75/16 tires.

total lift is about 4" in the rear, 3.5" in the front
the tires give you about an inch, the rear spacers were a solid 3"
the front spacers about 2.50"
total clearence from the ground to the bottom of the fender well:
rear 34 1/4"
front 33 1/2"

what did it do to the mpg?

as soon as i got the MT's the mpg dropped to about 18mpg but that was before the lift. not sure if the lift makes a difference in milelage

couldnt you have brushed off those leaves!!!

those arent leaves, as a habit i always toss 3 pedals of a flower onto the hood of my car to appease the Gods.

·
Registered
79 Posts
How about some "attached" pics so I can see them at work? :)

Do you think you could fit a 245/75R16 under there? I'd llike to be able to fit a decent sized tire on the element... The stockers are 28" so 30.5" souldn't be too much with 3.5"/4" of lift, right? Probably have to get the offset just right.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yup.. looks like CCM are producing these now. only lift on the market.

top notch quality and service form CCM. hope to see more beefy elements soon! :)

edit: tires are 225/75/16

1 - 20 of 102 Posts