Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just a brief review of the GTA car kit.

I purchased the kit as an alternative to an aftermarket kit. Yes, a nice pioneer or sony will have better quality than my OEM head unit, however a nice head unit is also a bit of a theft magnet in certain neighborhoods. So I opted for the GTA kit and traded off quality for fully intact windows.

At $99 it does cost about the same as a mid level aftermarket unit, but does not require any additional hardware(no din kits, or plugs). There are cheaper auxiliary kits on eBay and other websites, but GTA's website and videos gave me a bit more peace of mind that install would be fast and the integrity of the product would be good. The base model does not have bluetooth, but an add on kit will allow it.

Installation - this was a breeze. Once you remove the radio from the dash (5 minutest) you simply need to plug in the adapter to the CD plug, and then route the iPod adapter to your preferred location(5-10 min). I opted to route mine to underneath the shifter, so i drilled a small hole in Center Lower Cover under the shifter and routed the cable there so I can access it a bit easier than over by the passenger glove box area.

Overall it was a breeze to install and functions properly. I give an update later on for long term performance.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
thanks for sharing the info.

any pics of the install?

also, Crystal Black Pearl was not available in model year 2006. perhaps you have a Nighthawk Black Pearl?
i understand that the Nighthawk is much more manly and not quite as fragile.
<grin>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts