Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though not for the element...i did buy some wheels...

17x9j front and 17x10.5j rear. Tires are 235 45 17 rear and 225 45 17 front. Stretched as hell. They're going on my S13 hatch.

Albeit being red at the moment...I'm going to paint them black with a burnt orange lip...

I'm posting this on this forum because I'm planning on doing a DIY write up and painting wheels. Because these are used and are going on a drift car... I can try out different things and tell you guys what works/ doesn't.

The last picture is actually an HRE set custom made for a Lambo Gallardo. Just wanted to show you my paint scheme...

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So i finished painting the first rim... the 17x9 front wheel. I made a couple mistakes but none too significant.

Once I finish doing all four..i'll put a detailed DIY thread on how to paint wheels.

It's flat black with dodge hemi orange.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
You change wheels more than I change Elements! :shock:

Funny, I was thinking about doing some type of orange on the steelies I have.

Better yet- I'm going to be in Atlanta in a few weeks and I'm going to have to stop by and take those steelies off your hands!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can have those cragars for 200 bucks. Haha. I haven't put more than 1000 miles on both the tires or the rims...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Hope you didn't pay much for those Mustang wheels! :D

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Nice job Yong. I'm looking forward to your tutorial. I have been considering painting my wheels myself, this may give me the motivation.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
'fake' mustang rims, ghost. haha. and no..i didn't pay a lot for them.
They're Cobra R replicas. :D

I saw your Element again today, this time on Hwy 92. I was in the Silver/Blue E going the opposite direction.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh are you serious!? Yeah...I work on hwy 92.

Damn... my car is so dirty right now..haha..i don't want anyone on the board to see it in that state...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Oh are you serious!? Yeah...I work on hwy 92.

Damn... my car is so dirty right now..haha..i don't want anyone on the board to see it in that state...
Drive something else then! Nothing goes unnoticed around here! :lol:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Easier said than done, ghost.

I'm a paraplegic so I can't wash my car. The element has hand controls so I can't drive any other car at home.

But if you feel so adamant about it... you can come wash my car.:)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Easier said than done, ghost.

I'm a paraplegic so I can't wash my car. The element has hand controls so I can't drive any other car at home.

But if you feel so adamant about it... you can come wash my car.:)
If I had any free time i'd be glad to! I bet you haven't seen this solution called ONR (optimum no rinse) that requires only 5 gallons of water to wash an entire car. Assuming I had time, i'd be glad to bring it down and show you how neat this stuff is. I'll never use a standard wash method again! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts