Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Chief Has Been Element Owner
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, maybe. We shall see. Some sort of vehicle must be purchased in the next 12 months or so. And the quote "but I want another Element" was said in the first 20 seconds of discussion (and not by me ;-) ). So we shall see.

My ONLY harp is, the new model's current design, although not that different, is horrible compared to what the 03-04-05 stuff was. I do love the 5 speed auto, etc. That is key.

Not sure yet, but also in the discussion was the 4runner and FJ, yes I know I know. And those were brought up by me...go figure.

Pretty sure it will be a Honda or Toyota...maybe Mazda. I wont buy GM/Chevy again.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Boy, you sure like to change vehicles, don't you?

:-D

What's happening with the Accord and the Envoy?

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I actually prefer the changes to the 09+ compared to my father's 06, except the lack of sunroof, but that wasn't a deal killer for me. The shape of the element and size of the windows already let in a lot of light.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Nice! :)

·
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let's see. The Accord (knock on wood) is driving like it is brand new...119K miles later. Love the car. Hybrid battery is still kicking along. Although the knicks and dings of 6 digit miles is showing its wear and tear.

The Envoy, well... ;-) We spent some expected dough in the fall for a bunch of 100K stuff (spark plugs, shocks, etc.). But also had to replace a temp sensor and fan assembly at that time. Then last month was when we finally thought it might be near the end...replaced the gas tank and filler tube...that was fun...$1800.

Now the charcoal filter is needed, although we live in an area exempt from emissions testing, so its not "required." Just has us in the mind set it might be time to look before we are forced too sort of thing. So I could buy tomorrow, I could buy in a year, just not sure yet. Although to purchase now some financial things would need to work themselves out.

So I am back, refreshing myself :)

·
Registered
872 Posts
when the ship starts taking on watter bail,when the ship starts sinking swim get out while you still can and for it!!! befor it takes you down with it.

·
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Believe me, I want to get out of the sinking ship. I have to sell my motorcycle first...this is such a linear process.

I feel bad, but right now the E is 3rd on the list :shock:

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bike is gone. May a 2010 Tango Red Pearl EX be in our future? Just may be...by the end of the month.

Have a verbal price from an old friend of my wife's who is a salesman at Honda for $200 over invoice and fair financing offer. I find that pretty good considering it was no haggle and he will go find us the one in color w/o additional destination charge.

So by 4/24 we may be back...we shall see, gotta get rid of the other SUV now, even though they have offered a trade in. We want that trade in in cash to pay off a few other things, so we may be doing Carmax there.

Stay tuned.

PS cause I am lazy please remind me: There is no longer a sunroof right? If so, how can you guarantee you get an AWD (besides the window sticker)? Don't tell me to look under the car cause I wont know what I am looking at ;-)

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
PS cause I am lazy please remind me: There is no longer a sunroof right? If so, how can you guarantee you get an AWD (besides the window sticker)? Don't tell me to look under the car cause I wont know what I am looking at ;-)

OMG !! I just can't resist this opportunity !!

The search function can and will provide you with Photo's of what to look for under the car! :lol:

Welcome back old friend !

Dom

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Bike is gone. May a 2010 Tango Red Pearl EX be in our future? Just may be...by the end of the month.

there is no AWD version, only a 4WD and a FWD (2WD). check the VIN if you don't want to look under the car. 4WD Elements have YH2, FWD have YH1 in the 4~6th characters of the VIN.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
there is no AWD version, only a 4WD and a FWD (2WD). check the VIN if you don't want to look under the car. 4WD Elements have YH2, FWD have YH1 in the 4~6th characters of the VIN.

Don't tell him that! Make that lazy basted bend over and look! :lol:

Look at the number of posts this guy has. He knows as much about an Element as anyone on the forum.

Ok LWC take your hand off our legs, and stop pulling! :grin:

Oh And post some updated photo's of your kid! You have been holding out on us!

Dom

1 - 20 of 35 Posts