Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just returned from vacation at Big Bend National Park. Evidently, some thoughless dolt tossed chewing gum out on the very hot roadway. :evil: Naturally, I ran over it. Judging by the pattern it made on both doors and the front plastic panel, it was a huge gob of gum. My E must have looked something like a cotton candy machine spinning off tiny threads of near liquid chewing gum as we traveled down the road.

Fortunately, I remembered reading of the solution to this problem here on the forum. Many thanks to all who pass along these important tidbits of knowledge. In this case - Peanut Butter

Life became better with the application of a bit of peanut butter. I lightly rubbed some on each chunk of gum and the various connecting threads with my finger :D . This technique seemed to work equally well on both the paint and the plastic.

The chunks needed a bit of time for the peanut butter to soak in, but the threads dissolved with very little effort. A quick wash with soap and water completed the effort.

Ahh, pristine again!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Anybody, know if this also works on OEM carpet floor mats?

Don Chico Brewing Co. said:
We just returned from vacation at Big Bend National Park. Evidently, some thoughless dolt tossed chewing gum out on the very hot roadway. :evil: Naturally, I ran over it. Judging by the pattern it made on both doors and the front plastic panel, it was a huge gob of gum. My E must have looked something like a cotton candy machine spinning off tiny threads of near liquid chewing gum as we traveled down the road.

Fortunately, I remembered reading of the solution to this problem here on the forum. Many thanks to all who pass along these important tidbits of knowledge. In this case - Peanut Butter

Life became better with the application of a bit of peanut butter. I lightly rubbed some on each chunk of gum and the various connecting threads with my finger :D . This technique seemed to work equally well on both the paint and the plastic.

The chunks needed a bit of time for the peanut butter to soak in, but the threads dissolved with very little effort. A quick wash with soap and water completed the effort.

Ahh, pristine again!

Wondering if this works on my new floor matts. Got some gum on them somehow and want to get'er clean!

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Yes it should work well on your carpet mats. Follow that up with a degreaser (dish soap) to get rid of the oil PB leaves and rinse well to get rid of the degreaser and soap and it should be good to go.:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
IRV said:
Yes it should work well on your carpet mats. Follow that up with a degreaser (dish soap) to get rid of the oil PB leaves and rinse well to get rid of the degreaser and soap and it should be good to go.:)

Thanks, gonna give it whirl this weekend. ;-)

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I hate chewing gum - ignorant morons with hugh gobs of the crap in their mouths, wide open jaws going a mile a minute, smacking away....:mad:
I can live with ppl that feel they have to chew it, but do they have to put half the pack in their mouths, then chew with their mouths open???
Then they don't even have the courtesy of finding a garbage can. Like I want to see a great pink spit ball fly out the window, and smack into my vehicle, or worse, all over the ground. I de-test the sight of sidewalks that are so covered with the disgusting, sticky landmines that you can't even walk into a store without dragging a stringy trail behind you.
I won't even go into drive-thru's anymore, because the sight of a gum-infested wall sickens me...:mad:

Sorry for the rant....I think I'll move to Singapore...;-)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Peanut Butter is a new one for me. I get so much good stuff from this site. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Tim Vance said:
Sorry for the rant....I think I'll move to Singapore...;-)
Oh yeah, I would much rather be caned than step in gum, hehe :razz:

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
With one of the lowest crime rates in the world, I felt safer there, than I do here! Nothing deters criminals more than the knowledge that you will be punished RIGHT NOW, swiftly, and harshly. If you don't break the law, you have nothing to worry about. AND it's an extremely beautiful city - very clean, well kept, friendly...Ya, I would go back to Singapore in a second (or Bali....) :D
Then I can cover myself in coconut oil, and not have to worry about sticky things stuck to me....:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.