Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

The car otherwise runs fine, but I notice during stops and idling that there's a gurgle noise and accompanying mild vibration. My girlfriend, who is usually not observant of such things, asked "What's that noise?"

I've noticed that it shuts off periodically. I wonder if it's associated with the fan. I don't have a driveway where I can open my hood without gawkers and we're technically not supposed to work on our cars in the street.

Before I go to the dealer and try to put my warranty to use, I want to check in with others so they don't try to tell me I'm crazy.

Even if the gurgle and vibration isn't harmful, it's very annoying and I'd like to fix it!

Thanks!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had this same problem... found a bunch of threads on this forum about it. All I did was kept topping off my over-flow reservoir of my coolant system. Radiator filled up and noise stopped. Problem solved.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I agree with packerz4, mine was gurgling so I topped off the radiator when it was cold and then my resevoir. noise hasnt been back in over a year now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts