Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get this gurgle sound around the belt area. I can hear it faintly in the car.

no sound on P or N, put it into D or R and the sound appears but goes away after a while and then returns. back and forth.

turn on the AC and it is constant.

put in D with AC on, turn Ac off and it goes away but return after a while (10-15 sec).

I had this for more than a year but didn't think much about it until tonight when i pop the hood doing something else. it was like GURGLE GURGLE GURGLE.

maybe like a rubber ball in a plastic box sound.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
599 Posts
Could be air in your coolant system, although unlikely since newer cars have sealed systems that bleed out air automatically. It could also be air in your power steering system but you would probably feel that when turning the wheel. If there's no fluids leaking and the car is functioning normally it probably isn't anything to be concerned about but keep an eye out for any fluid leaking at all since fluids plus a funny sound is never a good thing.

·
Registered
242 Posts
it sounds like your coolant overflow, shouldn't be a big deal if it is. You might want to check your reservoir when you motor is cold to make sure you aren't too low.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, i will check. and report back

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just went out there. turned it on. checked all the fluids. all seem to be fine. got it to about a 1/4 up on the temp needle. NO SOUND. i did notice the idle pulley next to the PS pump moves/vibrates. is it suppose to do that?

Will report back later after i drive it around for a bit.

thx

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright. so it sounds like a plastic ball in a plastic box. the sound comes on right after i let go of the gas and the sound slowly dissipates. It comes on the same way when i turn the steering wheel. if i turn on the AC it's constantly sounding.

not a mech, sounds like the belt area. maybe a pulley of the tensioner. but wouldn't it be more constant if it's bad. AC clutch...

Thanks in advance,

raymond

1 - 6 of 6 Posts