Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're proud to have H and A Accessories as one of our first advertisers. So many of our members have had great success with their prices, selection and service. Please support them with your purchases and be sure and let them know you are a member of our site and heard about them here!

Thanks everyone!
T Mac
Site Admin, Founder
Element Owners Club
Nice commerical TMac!

I took got some items from H&A and great service.. nice turn around time!

·
Registered
608 Posts
H and A is a great company, I just ordered from them a second time for some bits and pieces. Their service is fast, professional, and they stock the things your dealer has to order. :!:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Used HandA for my leather steering wheel cover. Great service - ordered it on Monday had it on Friday. Excellent prices, too. Maybe we can get something going on here like at hondasuv.com. Their parts vendor offers free shipping along with their discounted accessories. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
I respectfully disagree with the recommendation given here that we switch our accessory business to HandA. Because of their "partnership" with this website I recently placed a $956 order with HandA, via their webpage. Nothing but problems resulted, and I discovered the hard way they do not answer their phones to enable a customer to discuss and resolve a problem. Their interminable voice mail system never leads to a real person option. Based on my experience with them, voice mail messages asking them to call you will apparently also be ignored.

Previously I dealt with Discount Honda Parts (www.discount-hondaparts.com). They have the same prices as HandA, are very professional, offer free shipping, and if an order had a problem they were instantly available via phone for assistance.

Try it yourself! Phone HandA's number (888-440-8655) and listen to their voice mail run around. Then phone Discount Honda Parts (800-262-3201) and ask to speak to Brandon. You will see instantly why I am switching back to Discount Honda for my business.

·
EOC Founder, Admin
2,897 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your experience, DrAlbertLee. Up until your post, I have heard nothing but great feedback about them. I will try to contact them as well to see if I can't help out somehow.

Have a good weekend.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I know how frustrating it can be when you cannot speak to a live person without dancing through a half dozen menu options. A lot of times you can get patched through to an actual human by not pressing ANY buttons. A lot systems default out of the menu system if it perceives that you don't have touch tones.

But in defense of H and A, a lot of internet based companies keep prices low by maintaining a low overhead, which often means that there is no one there to answer phones on a regular basis. It is one of the trade-offs you have to accept at some places in order to take advantage of low prices. Since you did not mention the specifics of your problem(s), I can only speculate that perhaps emailing them would not afford you the instant resolution that you required.

But it is good to note that you found an alternative that gives you better service. I'm sure if I dropped nearly a grand on parts, I would like to speak with someone if I detected that a gross error was made during the transaction.

So after reviewing what I just wrote, I come to the conclusion that I both agree and disagree with you... what time is it anyway???

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alien I love yor response for sooo many reasons!

Well put for one, yes the internet biz's keep things cheap by having automated personel. Which has its draw backs. It does end up with what do you want, if you want a great price=no people, if you want great people=higher price.

I made that decision when i chose my dealer too, the dealer i have is awesome, overall they typically have the best prices around. But I know I could have been more nit-picky on the price and gotten a better deal, i just really love the serve they give, and i don't wish to bother pushing on that, with them. I know they will give me what they can whenever they can, so that works for me.

When it comes to these little extras, wellyeah that is where i will go with the lowest price, i am not in a mad rush, and i too have realized H and A don't really respond well at all. I have asked them questions and not once received and answer. So I respect and understand the Doc's complaint fully!

Ahh yes tis late alien, off to la-la land!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Alien Element,

When you agree and disagree, its Lawyer time. :lol:

DrAlbertLee,

WOW, I had nothing but good experiences from H and A. I have ordered from them a few times, nohting like what you spent, but a few bucks. The one time I had a problem, I emailed them, they got back to me within the hour. Really, it was quick. The problem was taken care of right away.

Now, I know every transaction is different. I just hope that you are able to work it out with them. I am sure you have tried already.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RML is just soo special.. they favor him. they don't like the doc and me.. :cry:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the H3 emblem besides H and A?? I have tried 3 times to download it and it freezes at 99% download, I have asked them twice, with no luck....hate to ask again. Anyone? Gypsey? T?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hi,

Trevor here form HandA-Accessories. Since DrAlbertLee didn't go into any details of the problem I figured I'd chime in with a quick summary.

As I explained in emails to him: When we received his order the information came through as not having a match between the address he used and the one his credit card company had on file for him. Since all credit card companies require us to show proof of an address match on the order in case of a fraudulent use claim we can't process an order without a correct match.

The credit card companies don't provide us with the address he has on file only a "match" or "no match" message. We aren't provided with any information as to what wasn't a match or how far off it was, only that it wasn't a match.

In no way are we accusing anyone who submits an order that doesn't have an address match of trying to defraud us. It simply comes down to having to have procedures and guidelines in place to protect ourselves.

Without the written "match" on the credit card authorization we would be crossing our fingers and sending out nearly a thousand dollars in merchandise without following written guidelines provided by the credit card companies themselves.

I am also sorry that he wasn't able to talk to us directly on the phone, however as I explained in the emails to him there was nothing we could do over the phone; the order had to be resubmitted. Even if we were able to get an updated address over the phone from him and call the credit card company to verify it we would still have had an authorization that said "no match" as our only hard copy of the order.

We sincerely appreciate the business from the members of this site and don't want to do anything to jeopardize that and in the long run those same procedures help protect your card from being used fraudulently if stolen.

-Trevor
HandA-Accessories.com

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thanks, Trevor for having the courage to join our happy little website to defend your companies procedures. By your joining, it tells me you're getting a significant amount business from this "club" and you want to lose as little business as possible from bad publicity. You got moxie, kid. Well done.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome Trevor! I think you should offer free shipping to all element owner's club members. Just a thought! :p

·
Registered
894 Posts
I don't mind paying for shipping, but the question is going to be, does HandA-Accessories ship to Canada? Many a US firm refuse to do that, and many an auctioneer on E-bay as well. One company even asked me to pay USD $25 shipping on a USD $30 item even when I confirmed with UPS that the shipping cost was more like USD $5!!

Iskie

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well, I have placed two orders with H and A worth over a thousand bucks, the shipping time has been terrific, the emails informative, the follow-up on out of stock items great. Some of the best service I ever got from an internet supplier. Absolutely NO complaints!! :wink:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts