Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received Roof Rack, Deflector, Splash Guards, Exhaust Finisher and Spoiler from H and A. Installation of everything went smoothly until final tightening of turn nut on Spoiler. I heard the dreaded clink of the nut falling into the hatch body interior. Think this was my fault because I fiddled with the turn nut just to see how it worked. :roll:

It went through my mind that I would hear that rattling around forever. Thankfully there are two holes in the upper hatch area with plastic/rubber covers. Took off the cover on big one and in about 1/2 hour of fishing in that hole with a wire I got the nut out. What a relief. I called H and A and I do believe it was Bill that answered. I told him my dilemma. He said he'd get out two new turn nuts to me RUSH. Sure enough a couple of days later they show up in my mail box and this time the nut worked perfectly. I didn't mess with the nut this time, just put it in and tightened it like a good boy.

I really appreciated the no hassle, quick response from H and A. Plus you cannot beat their prices. Happy Camper here. :grin:

·
Registered
176 Posts
rule # 1: never mess with your nuts. :razz:

Congrates on the assys.

I would like them too but all I have so far is the bug deflector. I am ordering an aftermarket roof rack a few parts at time.

Jeff 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts