Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my new to me, 08 LX AT AWD to the Honda dealership, got there at 8 AM finished at 11 AM.

Did you guys know they still print newspapers, LOL. Haven't seen one in a goose age. Really cracked me up looking at the "classified" section, nothing there. Makes me happy, thinking of how they used to rape me to put an ad in there.

Things must be tough for honda dealerships, coffee was lousy.

Everyone else who was in the waiting room, and had their car finished before me, got a lecture on all the things wrong with their cars that needed to be done in the future. I don't know if they just knew they wouldn't get any money out of this cheapskate, or {I prefer to think this} my E was in such good shape they couldn't find anything wrong, but I got no lecture and the "safety check" part of my paperwork was empty.

The service guy was quick to point out, that I wasn't getting new air bags, but new inflators. Not sure how that works.

It was good to know I even had airbags in there. My E was in a front left wreck before I got it and I was told by the PO that the airbags didn't deploy, but I was afraid they had and he had just reassembled it without them in there.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I took my new to me, 08 LX AT AWD to the Honda dealership, got there at 8 AM finished at 11 AM.

Did you guys know they still print newspapers, LOL. Haven't seen one in a goose age. Really cracked me up looking at the "classified" section, nothing there. Makes me happy, thinking of how they used to rape me to put an ad in there.

Things must be tough for honda dealerships, coffee was lousy.

Everyone else who was in the waiting room, and had their car finished before me, got a lecture on all the things wrong with their cars that needed to be done in the future. I don't know if they just knew they wouldn't get any money out of this cheapskate, or {I prefer to think this} my E was in such good shape they couldn't find anything wrong, but I got no lecture and the "safety check" part of my paperwork was empty.

The service guy was quick to point out, that I wasn't getting new air bags, but new inflators. Not sure how that works.

It was good to know I even had airbags in there. My E was in a front left wreck before I got it and I was told by the PO that the airbags didn't deploy, but I was afraid they had and he had just reassembled it without them in there.
I am glad you posted this as now I don't feel so alone in having the exact same experience recently when my airbag recall was done at the dealership. Only difference is mine took even longer than your three hour wait. Five hours in waiting time. They literally left it until the dealership was about to close at 6pm and the technician didn't even have enough time to push down the plastic cover on the passenger airbag. It was sticking up out of the dashboard when they gave the car back to me.

Everyone else had come and gone with their "customer pay" jobs, even the people who came in much later than I did and I did have an appointment booked for 1 pm. I had booked well in advance too since they had to order the new airbags for me as they do not keep the recall airbags in stock.

The service advisor was and still is a really good guy and was very apologetic about the delay. It certainly was not up to him as to the order of which jobs got done first. That was left up to the shop foreman. Too bad the foreman decided to go this route and treat a customer who wasn't paying out of their pocket for their first service on a recently acquired Element with such disregard, as I was definetely in the market for a new mechanic shop at the time.

I was definetely interested to see how good the service was there and was looking forward to see how they would handle my first service there. I had already been a customer for ten years in their parts department getting OEM parts for my Acura and had already bought several parts for the Element as well.

I take the experience as a blessing is disguise as I scratched them off my list as a potential new mechanic shop and went on to find an outstanding independent shop that specializes in Hondas only fifteen minutes drive away from me and at half the door rate as the dealership!

I have made several repairs and service appointments at the independent shop and they have been excellent. The work has been great overall and they are fast, almost like going to a drive through oil change. Two to three techs jump on the car and get everything done quickly and efficiently. Quite a contrast to the dealership experience.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Huh - I bought an Element and took it for the airbag recall and just left it there. They gave me a loaner vehicle for the day at no charge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts