Honda Element Owners Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let you guys be aware that I ordered a Kayak attachment from Handa and it absolutely would NOT work. When I asked for a refund they refused. When I asked that they exchange it with another unit they refused. The problem is that the straps are completely too short. I own a VERY SMALL kayak. Very disappointed in their customer service. I couldn't gegt any cooperation at all. I've purchased several things from them in the past. After my recent experience I will not do so again.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Just wanted to let you guys be aware that I ordered a Kayak attachment from Handa and it absolutely would NOT work. When I asked for a refund they refused. When I asked that they exchange it with another unit they refused. The problem is that the straps are completely too short. I own a VERY SMALL kayak. Very disappointed in their customer service. I couldn't gegt any cooperation at all. I've purchased several things from them in the past. After my recent experience I will not do so again.
Your first post on the sight. I think I will Ignore you, and all of your other posts.

You did not bother to fill out your profile. Are you just to lazy? Or is it you just logged on to make some noise?

I wonder..

Dom

·
Registered
257 Posts
I had a problem with some all-weather mats having uneven thickness a couple years back and they wouldn't accept a return/exchange. That was two years ago... haven't bought anything since.

·
Registered
549 Posts
well...I ordered a cabin filter for a friend from H and A, it was wrong (my mistake)...returned it, credited back to me within a few days. Even received a credit memo in the mail, plus an e-mail confirmation.....so I agree with Dom......

·
Registered
536 Posts
Handa Problem

I have ordered several things form Handa, and in their defense, my order has always been right along with the price. The last item I purchased from them was a windshield shade...fits perfectly.

Jackson:D

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hi,

As I emailed you, your 'very small' kayak is the problem. Honda and our site itself states that the Kayak rack will hold 'standard' Kayaks. After a bit of research online (since I knew nothing about Kayaks before) I found that smaller kayaks are wider than the standard sized ones. Thus the problem with the fit. The straps are designed to go around the regular sized ones and yours isn't regular sized. So what at first sounds like the straps won't even fit around a small kayak ends up being the straps won't fit around an extra wide kayak.

I also don't see mentioned below that the attachment was purchased around 9 months ago and installed prior to requesting a refund. Both situations put it outside our return policy.

Sending a replacement unit would have been no help since it isn't a 'defect' with the attachment but the non-standard sized, extra wide, Kayak that is keeping it from fitting.

The very first reply that was sent from us suggested looking into longer straps for the attachment to accommodate your Kayak. This is also the suggestion we got from this board later at: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57167

We did actually research the problem and make a valid suggestion for a fix. We replied to every email and did our best to address the concerns, maybe not the answers you wanted but answers. We did not just dismiss the problem and ignore the complaint.

We do our best to stand behind the products we sell and will make every attempt to keep customers happy, we can't however refund for installed items where the problem with the item isn't due to us or Honda. We couldn't send the item back to Honda and we couldn't resell it at this point as it was used.

-Trevor
HandA-Accessories.com

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Less than 24 hours from the post, a response including a detailed account of not only the transaction but a summary of efforts to resolve.

That sounds like a responsible vendor to me.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Less than 24 hours from the post, a response including a detailed account of not only the transaction but a summary of efforts to resolve.

That sounds like a responsible vendor to me.

^^ I second that!

It shows the kind of customer service that I have personally experienced from H and A, " specifically Trevor " in all my dealings with them.

It is in fact, impossible to fulfill the expectations of every customer that walks through your door. However, my experience with this outfit, has been they do the best they can. Usually better than the average vendor on the internet.

Thanks Trevor, for the explanation of the transaction. I know that you do not have to provide us with any of the details, that's not in your job description. It's extra work for you.

Nice job as usual!

Dom

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Yeah, seems like a no-brainer. Not a defect or wrong item. Get longer straps (very easy & inexpensive fix it would seem to me - most kayak shops sell them in a variety of lengths). Think H & A's response was very fair, and way more than most vendors would provide. I mean really, using it for nine months, then wanting to return it, all because a $15 strap is too short for your non-standard load???? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I moved this into the H&A Accessories forum, will be closing the thread and contacting Trevor for him to resolve this issue. If this is indeed NOT an issue and instead just someone looking to cause problems then this will be deleted.

Thanks.
Larry,

I respectfully request that you allow this thread to live.

I believe that it shows just how responsive, responsible, and attentive H and A is to it's customers. I submit to you, that the information contained in this thread, has value to prospective customers of H and A.

I also believe that it proves that not everyone is reasonable all the time.
Thanks for your consideration.

Dom

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Larry,

I respectfully request that you allow this thread to live.

I believe that it shows just how responsive, responsible, and attentive H and A is to it's customers. I submit to you, that the information contained in this thread, has value to prospective customers of H and A.

I also believe that it proves that not everyone is reasonable all the time.
Thanks for your consideration.

Dom
Dom

I was only going to delete the thread if Trevor said he had never heard of this at all. I am not going to touch it since Trevor gave a very detailed explanation of the situation.

Trevor and I had been exchanging PMs over this.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
256 Posts
My first reaction when I saw the title of this thread was, "Don't tick off H and A!!!" I'd hate to lose them as a site sponsor. I've had a few orders with them and never had a problem. Same goes for my dad.
I hope everyone there continues to keep up the exemplary service.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Well, isn't that insteresting. It always helps to have 2 sides to a story. Other consumer related web sites doen't seem to understand that.

Cudos to Trevor for letting us see the rest of the picture.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ordered all sorts of stuff from HandA. diff fluid, cleaners, wiper blades, brake pads, water bottle, even got some freebies through the forum.

HandA Rocks and nobody does better on price, believe me I'm thrifty (cheap).

After 20 years in the service business I know how these things go. People like to make their problems your problems. Bad economy or not companies can't let themselves be walked on.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have had several interactions with Trevor (PM'd him several times and never took more then a day for a response) and I got nothing but the best service from him and H and A. I actually look forward to doing more business with them in the future. Great service and great prices:razz:!

Hey Dom way to put cadman12 in his place:)! I think you did H and A some good justice by calling him out on the being too lazy to fill out the profile and just wanting to make some noise :D

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I cant stand people that whine without researching first. HandA has been spot on the 3 times I have ordered from them, I will keep ordering from them, I vote for banning that idiot.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.