Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I am purchasing a 2010 Element, I used to own a 2004. My question is it doesn't appear that the EX with navi doesn't have a hands free feature (blue tooth ect) I was wondering if anyone had any experience with adding a blue tooth system to the E. I am debating on getting the EX over the LX but if there's no blue tooth in it, I'll likely be replacing the deck with one that's hands free capable....is it worth getting the EX at all if Im going to replace the system?

Any thoughts are great thanks guys

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
the best way to do it would be to swap the radio in the ex. an lx you could get a metra bt-1721 harness and a parrot type handsfree unit and it would al be blug and play and interupt the audio from the radio etc while you made an recieved calls, but it would not be so easily accomplished with an ex and the factory amp. there are ways to do it and you could inturupt the amp turn on wire with a relay when the handsfree unit got a call (if the unit had the option for the output which most do). there are plenty of other reasons to get an ex or an sc over the lx though and you really should base you decision on those other features because there are plenty of ways to work around either system if you want bluetooth. we will walk you thru which ever you decide to do.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I have a parrot 3200 SL or LS or whatever. Bought the adapter harness for it as well and it works like a charm.

·
Registered
599 Posts
There are also some great aftermarket decks with bluetooth that would be drop in replacements for the stock HU in the EX. I'm currently scouting out the best price on a Kenwood KDC-x993 to replace my aging Eclipse cd5443 deck. The Kenwood has bluetooth along with a whole host of audio tuning features (it is eXcellon after all) plus a full speed USB interface built right in. Best of all, with the x993 you have the bluetooth built right into the HU instead of having to use an add-on module.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Pioneer Avic 910bt

I have a Pioneer and I dont like it. Pioneer's interface doesnt understand alot of the voice commands and only thing that works is basic talking on the phone. the gps is crappy as well. I wish I would've looked around more and looked up reviews. I suggest you really do some research before buying one like me. My unit cant even interface with my steering wheel controls. I've taken it to two places and they couldnt get it working. They said that the adapter pacswi??? doesnt work? So I have steering wheel controls that dont work...maybe i'll try another shop tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I have a Pioneer and I dont like it. Pioneer's interface doesnt understand alot of the voice commands and only thing that works is basic talking on the phone. the gps is crappy as well. I wish I would've looked around more and looked up reviews. I suggest you really do some research before buying one like me. My unit cant even interface with my steering wheel controls. I've taken it to two places and they couldnt get it working. They said that the adapter pacswi??? doesnt work? So I have steering wheel controls that dont work...maybe i'll try another shop tomorrow.
the inretnal resistances that the 910 and 710 want to see are different from the older pioneers. the shops that you have tried must have old stock because they have addressed this problem to auto detect the newer pioneer radios just like the older ones. there are several new interfaces that are comming out soon to so keep your eyes peeled for them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts