Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum, just picked up a 04 E with 190K on it for my kid. Runs good shifts good through the gears. The only issue I have noticed is going real slow like through a parking lot it will sometimes slam from 1st to 2nd. If your on the gas it never does it. P.O. did tranny fluid change about 30000 miles ago, I just did it today and still does it. I've read a bunch of threads but they all seem to dance around or finish without any answer. I've read about soleniods, should I check these. Its a Auto and the fluid looks perfect before and after I did fluid change. Thanks! Great forum here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine slipped at all rpms. I replaced solenoid and it was fine. It was cheap on Amazon and a 15 minute fix. I would try it before spending a fortune on a shop. Just 6 bolts if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldnt find any videos, where are the solenoids located? Yup used honda fluid, previous owner had it for about 90000 miles and always used honda fluids too.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,208 Posts
I couldnt find any videos, where are the solenoids located? Yup used honda fluid, previous owner had it for about 90000 miles and always used honda fluids too.
Here are some links that should be helpful to you:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the links. If anything it may be the 1-2 shift solenoid, but for the most part it doesnt do it. But when it does do it at low speeds its a pretty good slam into 2nd.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,887 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts