Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to find some bungy cords that match the SOP color ....so I shopped Wallmart no dice....Dick's Sporting Goods ( boat department)...no dice....I saw this guy that is selling some on Ebay.......no likes Ebay. :roll:
so where besides the dealer can I go.?...did anyone buy anything to fill the back of those 2 seats that have those loops??.....
My wife is driving me crazy with all these little things that "we" want... :roll: ...right "we"..... :wink:
Thanks....

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't know why you do not like EBAY, but I bought 100' of nice 1/4" bungee in green (comes in lots of colors), received it quickly. No problems. I have enough for seat back bungees plus a whole lot more. Also bought some hooks and spring cord locks. A lot cheaper than the Honda ones and better looking too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I too bought bungee on eBay -- no problems! Ended up with lots more than I really needed for the seatbacks, but oh well -- there are always uses for bungee. His ad did not state what colors he had, but in my note to him I asked for purple "if he had it" -- otherwise, black would be OK. He sent me 100' of beautiful purple! Cost me 20 bucks, if I recall correctly. This particular seller goes by the eBay name of CYBERSTUD1 and his email address is [email protected]. ("Please contact me for all your cordage needs," he says.)

- Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
I checked out cyberstud1 on ebay. The bungee cord that he had was 3/8''. Does anyone know if that would be too big? Also would regular cord locks fit that size bungee? Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
youre in mass right? im not too sure where wakefield is, but if you head on over to natick/framingham, theres a REI there.. try calling there.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well, I tried to get some bungee to match my SOP, but after searching high and low, I bought some shiny white with a little black in it at Sears. It does match the interior quite well. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went bungee jumping in Mexico and stole the cord. It's more than enough for two seats. It also holds my keg tight against the back seat so i can do keg stands while i drive.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I finally went to a boat supply store and they had a wide variety of bungee chord available. I selected black and installed the shoe-lace design. Plain and simple. So if you are having trouble finding this stuff head to the local boat shop. Even in Arizona we have lots of them.

= Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to the REI store and found bungees of all types, in otherwords the ones used for rockclimbing. All types, colors, and thickeness styles.
Any rockclimbing supply store should have it. Just ask the store to cut you the right length.

I got the black colored bungee with a sliver diamond pattern for
10 cents/foot.

Each back seat takes about 10 feet for the normal arrangement seen on the J-Element website (get more if you want to make more creative designs). That's only 1 dollar per seat! Can't get better then that and it looks great!

The fasteners for the bungees are $2.00 for a package of four (but you only need 2). They are the same plastic fasteners that you see on the back of backpacks with bungees for storing wet clothes etc. After looping the bungee through the backseat loops in the design of your choosing, just loop the remaining two ends of the bungee through the fasteners (you know, the small cilindrical shaped plastic button to draw the bungees shorter or longer). They sell those at REI too or any other larger sports store (look in the backpack and bag section)

It works great and the total price for a 2 backseat bungees w/ fasteners is
$4.00. TRY IT! 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts