Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure wether to post this here or in the "E"ccessories, but has any of the '09 & '10 owners noticed that other than the oem accessories its impossible to find stuff that fits our E's. The kind of stuff im looking for is light/bull/brush bars&gaurds, roof racks & running boards. Now I know I can purchase these items for the '08 and modify them but neither do I have the equipment or the knowhow to do this. Maybe its just me but if anyone has found anything that will bolt right on with major mods please let me know. Thanks

P.S. I see a bunch of this stuff on eBay that says it will fit '09 & '10 but I have read many posts that state these sellers are falsely advertising, I mean come on its half way through 2010 you think with such an upgradable vehicle someone would be making stuff for the new model.

·
Registered
282 Posts
All the Honda accessories will obviously fit. Unfortunately that's mostly where it ends for aftermarket stuff for the 09/10 models. There is a small amount of stuff that fits 09/10, but you have to do your homework.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
There is also a small amount of things available for the 2003-2008 Elements too when you compare it to other cars/trucks/suvs. It took several years for a lot of the after market stuff to show up with the exception of the roof rack companies.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I see what you mean... after market stuff.... well, consider that the Element is only made for the US market, and that narrows the target audience by quite a bit.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Japanese Elements

well, consider that the Element is only made for the US market, and that narrows the target audience by quite a bit.
You can buy Japanese Elements with right hand drive and metric speedometers/odometers. Might be fun to drive around on the wrong side of the road or contract with the USPS for rural mail delivery.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed no e'ccessories too!

E'specially for '09-'10 elements. I too am looking for running boards. I only care about a side step for back seat entry actually. So far no luck. If you run across anything like it, or even some full lenth running boards/side bars that are workable I'm interested in any info.:?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Runningboards from the dealer

I know this is an old thread, and you might not still be looking... but my 2010 E came with black running boards installed by the dealer. Perhaps you were looking for something other than that? They look great and make getting in a lot more convenient. I recommend mud/splash-guards if anyone gets them though. Leaves and dirt just love to grab on for a while otherwise.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I know this is an old thread, and you might not still be looking... but my 2010 E came with black running boards installed by the dealer. Perhaps you were looking for something other than that? They look great and make getting in a lot more convenient. I recommend mud/splash-guards if anyone gets them though. Leaves and dirt just love to grab on for a while otherwise.
cello
So...you can order Running Boards from any Honda Dealer?
Could you post a couple of pics of your E w/ Running boards..
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
cello
So...you can order Running Boards from any Honda Dealer?
Could you post a couple of pics of your E w/ Running boards..
Thanks in advance.
Yea, any dealer should supply them. I will post pics when I get a chance. Mine are all black, not the silver one's that I have seen on older models.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts