Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the two plugs to the stock amplifier of the 2006 Element can be purchased from any source? The dealer only sells the whole harness at over 300 dollars.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I will check with Metra R&D for you tomorrow and see if they are the same as any current harnesses with different pinouts that they may already have. they would know as they make the factory amplifier bypass harness already. what are you trying to do so i know, add a factory amp to a non factory amplified system?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amp harness

I am trying to install a cd/mp3 player from a Honda Element into an Accord. The amp plugs do not come with the unit so either have to make my own or try and find a pair ..The hardest thing so far is to find out what pin the input power from the head unit is being used.. All the diagrams I have seen so far omit that small detail including the dealer..
So if i can get the plugs and the info on pin in to the amp that would save a lot of heartache especially maybe blowing the amp in an attempt to find the right pin.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yellow green to amp

The diagram shows that the 05-06 is not the same set up as this diagram.. Do we know what the 05-06 set up is?
I looked AT the Amp mother board and found that the layout shows written on the board for the B plug that b1 and b2 are CD- and CD+ Not sure what CD stands for but this differs from the diagram..
pin 1 in the diagram is for the remote to the amp.But the 05-06 seems to have pin 2 for the + and a pin one negative.
Would this imply that the pin remote has to have an outlet wire as well as the inlet Power.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
all the amplified audio system connections are the same in the elements of all years with exception of the antenna being different behind the radio on the newer ones. the antenna turn on is done thru the antenna lead on the newer ones and not an actual antenna turn on 12v from the radio wiring harness.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks Yoda
So the Mother board pin out that reads CD- And CD+ have no bearing on the use of pin one as the remote to the amp on the one I am looking at? I should ignore the notations on the actual board and still attempt to use pin one as the turn on of the Amp. Which does not actually turn on by the way:(
My conclusion then is that the amp is doa.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
yeah all the amps are going to follow that same pinout so pin 1 is the turn on and the second pin is the + sub signal (center pin of an rca) into the amp. i have a call into a friend to see if any of their harnesses mate up to the input side of the amp vs the one they make that bypasses the amp and plugs into the connectors that plug into the amp. waiting on the return call and will let you know.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
not sure if you have seen these yet either. al has them floating around but here they are so you dont have to look for them

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is that image in the 05' service manual? I have not seen one, but really need one. It's hard to find all the info on this site, It's HUGE!! thnx for all posts,

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Is that image in the 05' service manual? I have not seen one, but really need one. It's hard to find all the info on this site, It's HUGE!! thnx for all posts,
it is actually the same for all amplified elements, only difference is the newer ones have the antenna amplifier going thru the antenna connector itself and the amp turn on is all that goes thru that wire

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Make sure your checking the stickies, those posts are there for a good reason. That info is in the second sticky at the top of this section. What your looking for may not always be in the first post, HOWEVER, you can learn a ton as your read a little trying to find what your looking for ;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts