Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all!!,,Well its finally happend to me, My drivers door lock actuator is getting very finicky [most times it does not work] but i do know because of that .the linkage has not slipped out... passenger side and trunk fine,new remote battery..Was hopeing to take the door panel off this weekend and have a look,My local parts house has a universal actuator my question is this..I know i may have to drill a small hole to attach the universal,But what about the wireing the original equipment has lots of wires where as most of the aftermarket ones have only two wires//will the horn and lights blink ??? any one have any experience with this?? And if so what wires etc.. get spliced?? thank you all for reading 03 dx awd

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hi to all!!,,Well its finally happend to me, My drivers door lock actuator is getting very finicky [most times it does not work] but i do know because of that .the linkage has not slipped out... passenger side and trunk fine,new remote battery..Was hopeing to take the door panel off this weekend and have a look,My local parts house has a universal actuator my question is this..I know i may have to drill a small hole to attach the universal,But what about the wireing the original equipment has lots of wires where as most of the aftermarket ones have only two wires//will the horn and lights blink ??? any one have any experience with this?? And if so what wires etc.. get spliced?? thank you all for reading 03 dx awd
An original Honda actuator cost me $51 from the dealership. How much is your aftermarket universal unit? Obviously, everyone makes their own choices, I thought it was simpler to go geniune honda parts in this scenario.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An original Honda actuator cost me $51 from the dealership. How much is your aftermarket universal unit? Obviously, everyone makes their own choices, I thought it was simpler to go geniune honda parts in this scenario.
$10.oo and from what i have read lasts much longer

·
Registered
367 Posts
$10.oo and from what i have read lasts much longer
Nice price.

With that in mind, i'd suggest you head over to hondasuv.com and check out the CR-V forums. They have threads on both first and second generation CRVs actuator replacements, which might help you out. I know the Element isnt exactly the same - but many many Hondas a nearly identical in parts and maintenance.

·
Registered
510 Posts
the aftermarket or universal door lock actuator will not work.u have to get oem.because it is exact fit and it costs me around $48 plus tax but it took me about one and half hours to finish the job because i had to tear up door panel and disconnect all the door rods...and cut myself a few times tried to acccess to the limited room....
but it is definitely worth it of diy because dealer wants to charge me $200 for labor alone... :evil:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts