Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would start this thread since I have a classic story to tell.
Last night I was with a friend comming home from a bar at 2 AM. I was sober driving my E and my friend was hammered in the passenger seat. I made a turn on to a side road and saw a deer, swearved and came to a near stop. Low and behold shortly after that 5 0 flipped on his cherries and pulled me over. Tha officer walked up to my side of the car and said "What the hell is this thing, this is ugly" then he told me why he pulled me over. It was all good, I told him about the deer and he understood the reason for the swearve now and I had to explain that I was not drinking, at least not recently. Guess what another cop pulled up behind the other patrol car that was already behind me. He got out and first thing out of his mouth was "This thing is ugly, I never saw one of these before, who makes it?" I told the other officer what it was and he said "Honda, atleast you know its going to be good". Lets hear other cop pull over stories.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Routine traffic stops in my neighborhood lately. The cop didn't really comment how he personally felt about the E, but did say that he was beginning to see many more of them on the road and asked if I liked it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Not pulled over, but a cop in Houston working off duty at a liquor store had a lot of questions and we gave him a tour.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Got pulled over for going 45 in a 55. :?: The catch was its 1:30am and there were some construction cones on the side of the road. Evidently they had made the speed limit 25mph (never saw a sign until after the cop timed me). :evil: There was no one else on the road, and no-one was working construction. The cop was just sitting in the dark with his lights off waiting to fill his quota. He acted like he was doing me a favor by giving me a ticket for 10mph over and not writing it up as speeding in a construction zone. I think the township was just trying make up for lost budget money, as it is nearly impossible to drive 25 on a road that most other times people drive 65 (especially when there is no traffic and it is country road).

·
Registered
76 Posts
So, I dropped my wife off by sliding into a loading zone on Madison Avenue in the low '60s, and as I'm waiting for a hole in the traffic to pull our, a New York cop on a NYPD bicycle pulls up and motions for me to drop my window.

"So, how do you like it?" he asked. Once I told him I loved it, he then stopped traffic to let me out.

Big happy grin on his face :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
blew by a cop on the frwy. while i was doing 90... i immediately pulled off the frwy. and parked on a dark side street... 5 mins. later he pulled up behind me....theres no hiding when your in an "E"... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
137 Posts
[quote:f360e71043="misfit"]blew by a cop on the frwy. while i was doing 90... i immediately pulled off the frwy. and parked on a dark side street... 5 mins. later he pulled up behind me....theres no hiding when your in an "E"... :mrgreen:[/quote:f360e71043]

Oh yes the CHP - AAA with a gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts