Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 432 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home on rt 80 and i could not believe what happened. To my left was a middle aged guy in a early 90's lincoln who honked his horn to get my attention, so I looked and the ahole looked at me and stuck his finger down his throat to let me know that my new 2 day old element was ugly as sin. now i can laugh about it then i was pissed because I was wondering what i got myself into by getting this car. now i live in new jersey which is land of the yupee's and not too many elements, at least from what i see. so there fore people stare at me like they saw a UFO or something.

Can others tell there stories

SSM EX 4WD AT

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ever notice it's only ugly people (on the inside) who make that remark? Let 'em have their say. Karma will get them back.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I had a discussion yesterday with an older country gentleman as to whether my SOP was so ugly that maybe it was cute. He was driving an old Ford PU painted purple and white...

E=conversation starter

·
Registered
183 Posts
Had the finger down the throat reaction and got to hear the comments as well. I had parked at a strip mall went to one store and then had to pass by the Armadillo to go to my next destination and got to hear "That's ugly" accompanied by the gag me with a finger down the throat motion. My feelings were hurt, but then I do think it's ugly-cute.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Possibly.....and this is just a theroy of mine.....people (mostly insecure ones) fear the new, the different, the road less taken, and fear change most of all!

So these people who are making these comments are perhaps just afraid of the security that an E owner (or anyone doing something out of the "norm") has for who they are and what they like????

The people that I have heard rude comments from have been friends and family members that I know fit into this little theroy of mine.

Dare to be different and someone is bound to point, stare, take a picture, and more than likely say something that is proably best kept to their selves!

I belive in freedom of speach and freedom of expression.....but when it is directed in such a manner that it is not constructive and even goes as far as to hurt someone else that is where I draw the line....I believe that is when freedom of thought is at higest level of importance......because god knows that if we all went around saying EXACTLY what we think this world would be a totally different place.

Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Funny that I brought the E to work and everyone that knows me said....hey some ugly truck parked in your space.....so at lunch I walked over to the E to get some paperwork I needed to fax the dealer and I had a crowd around me saying....ahh..ohhhh....wow..... :wink:

And my son who doesn't live with me, stops by the house and every time he says...dad Evelyn's truck is growing on me..... :D .....my reply is...I know and wipe the drool off your chin.. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dare to be different.

Conformity is a social disease.

These people that have such rude things to say about the E are driving exactly what society has told them looks good, or is a status symbol of some sort. Personally, I'va always taken pride in being a little different in my taste in most everything. I feel that way in my soul, it's not a deliberate effort to be different.

At the end of the day, who really gives a rat's ass what they think. Maybe Tommy Hilfiger or Ralph Lauren or some other "icon" told them the E was ugly. It could be worse, one of the self-appointed "fashion experts" could take a liking to the E, then we're all in trouble.

A yuppy world of E's? NO THANKS!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Last night I had a guy drive next to me, make eye contact, then do the finger-down-the-throat guesture before speeding off.

What's particularly strange about this is that the guy was driving an old VW Rabbit convertible that had once been red, but is now sun-faded orange and starting to rust! And he found something about my beloved truck to be less attractive that what he was in??

There really are all kinds of people in this world, I guess.

·
Registered
23 Posts
A guy at work has been giving me grief about how ugly my GG Element is. After a few conversations and seeing the back seats flipped out of the way I think he is ready to go buy his own :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was with a friend last night and we had a few drinks, on the way home he commented that this Element may be bad because a cop would either pull it over just to check it out or that it would stand out like a sore thumb. He was making comments that this was a good looking camping vehicle compared to the pontiac aztek and the way he said it was funny.

·
Registered
957 Posts
All the time!

Dealing with these people is much easier with the E since after I give them the beating of thier life, I just fold the seats against the walls, throw them in the back and drive them to thier final destinations.

An added benefit is how easy an after-beating clean up is with the urethane floors. Just mop-n-go! 8)

Most of the people left in my community seem to like the E now. :lol:

Disclaimer: The post above is a parody. Neither I nor elementownersclub.com or Honda Motor Corporation officially condone the use of violence or use of the Element in any way related to use as a getaway vehicle, instrument of death, or hearse. Please be aware that beating people is illegal in all 50 states but I'm not sure about Canada.

People are rude, please act responsibly.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I can't believe someone would go out of their way to be so rude. Well, actually I can believe it because people can be incredibly stupid, ill-mannered and petty.

Snappy comebacks are in order.

"Yeah, my car might be ugly, but you're rude AND ugly."

"And I should care what you think because......?"

"Can I call up your mother and tell her she failed to raise you with any manners?"

"Yeah, well, I bet you collect troll dolls and Precious Moments figurines"

Or, here's my favorite:

"Kiss my aesthetics!"

:wink: :shock: :!:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
[quote:03f705a590="eMass"]All the time!

Dealing with these people is much easier with the E since after I give them the beating of thier life, I just fold the seats against the walls, throw them in the back and drive them to thier final destinations.

An added benefit is how easy an after-beating clean up is with the urethane floors. Just mop-n-go! 8)

Most of the people left in my community seem to like the E now. :lol:

Disclaimer: The post above is a parody. Neither I nor elementownersclub.com or Honda Motor Corporation officially condone the use of violence or use of the Element in any way related to use as a getaway vehicle, instrument of death, or hearse. Please be aware that beating people is illegal in all 50 states but I'm not sure about Canada.

People are rude, please act responsibly.[/quote:03f705a590]

I LOVE THIS STATEMENT... Ahh nice to know I have a warped twin out there... smiles... yeah that is a great selling point, hee :lol: ... anyhow what I think is classic is the thread was started about a guy in a Lincoln gagging over the E.. Does that say enough there... can there be something more boring then a Lincoln... one of my many loves of the E is that it is far from boring, it is totally versatile, and I well really pity those with the yawn-mobiles.

I prefer no come backs to these people, to say anything is a waste of breath, merely since they are obviously that boring.

I did get a comment on my website with someone stating how UGLY it was, I just looked and laughed... see in person I don't know if people are afraid to say that directly to me... I must have something intimidating about me... I dunno... But anyhow everyone I have shown my E too, even if they expressed some form of doubt they are wowed by it... I have people stop me in parking lots to ask about it and what I think. I get people emailing me about my E.. So it is really cool... and those who are bright enough to see and realize it well, I think enough said... it is the bright who desire this vehicle! :wink:

My brother who is a die-hard American vehicle lover, he has not shot down the looks, but he is anti Japanese vehicles... I have pointed out the difference from the Fix Or Repair Daily and many other apt variations on some of the infamous wrecks... But he is very shortsighted and apparently hearing impaired when it comes to this.

My in-laws are also American vehicle lovers... in fact my hubbie was one too when we met... since has been transformed... he was shocked when he saw the Honda's I have had, never had to return to the shop, with the exception of routine maintenance like an oil change or brakes.. His family (note his one brother has a basic Jeep, the other a Geo Tracker... need I say more.. but we are often having to help them when stranded.. often!) have snickered about our E... but then they look at it very closely... humm more potential converts??

Anyhow when people skulk at the E... Look at them, look at what they drive, and any questions you have will be answered! :p

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah, I too have heard the 'ugly' refrain...but then I've used it too, HA! But it's like a little ugly duckling and it does so many wonderful things! Hadn't had our first one a week when I started dreaming about another one...and well, here we are.

I'm happy and they'er driving their chev or ford or whatever and wishing they were as kool as us Element drivers !!

http://www.angelfire.com/blog/dirkfour4/dualelements.jpg

·
Registered
79 Posts
I bought the Element BECAUSE it was "ugly". Ugly like a Sharpei is ugly, like Big Bird is ugly, like a newborn baby is ugly. I think it is wonderful to be different from the mainstream, boring, and conservative "sheep".
I once owned another "ugly" car, the V.W. "Thing" (now a collector's item). Our Elements will be in the same catregory some day...just you wait! Meanwhile, remember that many things that appear ugly at first glance become truly beautiful upon closer examination. :idea:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I wouldn't (normally) recommend responding to anyone's ignorant comments about the "E", but I have to admit that Kim's ("Hellcat's" )retort: "Kiss my Aesthetics" is truly a winner! :D

·
Registered
894 Posts
Driving over to my clients today, a young guy pulled up beside me and yelled out "NICE CAR". I looked over and saw him give a big thumbs up. I gave a big grin and a thumbs up back. I felt good all afternoon.

1 - 20 of 432 Posts