Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been pondering (every time we go camping) building a trailer out of 2 rear clips of Honda elements. I was wondering if anyone has done this already? Basically, I would like to take from the middle of the rear wheel arch back on 2 salvage elements and join them to make a trailer.

·
Registered
643 Posts
You will probably be the first to do it, but it sounds like a cool idea. There have been many trailers made out of old VW Vans. Some of them have turned out very well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in the process of finding 2 donor cars....preferably the same color in order to reduce some of the required paint work. I want to start looking at where I will join the 2 clips (structure, use, appearance). I have sourced a guy locally that can weld plastic. This will allow me to modify/join the plastic interior/exterior panels. I want to keep the sunroof on the trailer, I will try to keep the stock size. It would be too expensive to get custom glass made.
With the 2 tailgates open on the trailer I figure I will get 7-8 feet of floor space. I need to figure out how I can seal the openings for camping. I'm leaning towards cutting up a tent and making panels to Velcro to the tailgates.
I have some ideas for water storage, mountable BBQ, battery, led lighting but I need to just get the trailer made first and then worry about amenities.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Your profile does not say where you are from, but there was post in the Trading Section from a guy from KY that had a few Element parts cars. You might have to scroll down, but the ad is probably still there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your profile does not say where you are from, but there was post in the Trading Section from a guy from KY that had a few Element parts cars. You might have to scroll down, but the ad is probably still there.
I saw it.....he had a few SOP elements. I sent him a PM but he has not got back to me. There is a salvage SOP Element 300 KMs away from me that is being parted out. Just trying to find out how much he wants for the rear clip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts