Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I have had several. They all worked OK. The only issue was that the spring clips of the fixture were a loose fit for most of them, so had to be compressed slightly with a pliers.

In my 2008 E, I used a COB panel held to the lens with strips of foam tape for the center panel. It puts out more light than the smaller festoon COB light in the cargo area does, which is fine with me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just ordered some LEDs on ebay compatible with 3910. Hope they fit. I will provide some feedback and photos if I can get them installed.
If anyone else has found some that fit right and give good light please reply.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got the 39mm x 11mm bulbs but there are too long. Looks like the stock ones are 31mm x 11mm for my 2009. Most of the shorties available have a girth of only 8mm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
it's interesting that it labelled as a 43mm bulb.

the problem in finding a fit is related to the design of the bulb to fit as many applications as possible (so as to make it as inexpensive as possible). sometimes the bulb is held by U clamps that grab the can shaped ends and sometimes the bulb is grabbed by spring metal that only touches the points of the cone ends. the relative slope of the cone and the amount of can at the ends of the bulb determines whether the bulb will work in a particular application. so, only knowing the total length of the bulb will not be sufficient to guarantee a fit into our Elements.
Geese. What a lot of trouble just to find the right bulb. Mine gets super hot and just thought to replace with LED. Anyone just go to Honda to get one? How costly are they anyway? But thanks everyone for all your experiences. A new 2004 owner of 72,000 mile EX Honda serviced since new❣

21 - 25 of 25 Posts