Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched on the fourms & noticed that I couldn't find any posts about ESMM inserts.
I just ordered a set for my sons RSX & thought that I would get me a set also but they don'r list the E or the Cr-v.
If things work out time wise i'll try the RSX ones to see if they fit.

·
Registered
528 Posts
3M windo weld is better than silicon for filling the mounts.

Simply use some brake cleaner to clean off the rubber and tape off one side, fill it in let dry and you are done...

Done this to fix a broken mount, worked like a charm!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3M windo weld is better than silicon for filling the mounts.

Simply use some brake cleaner to clean off the rubber and tape off one side, fill it in let dry and you are done...

Done this to fix a broken mount, worked like a charm!
Have done that myself & will do it to my E if a can't find some ES's that fit.

·
Registered
168 Posts
They have to be trimmed to fit. The noise and vibrations from inserts are very annoying they make the whole car humm with the engine.

·
Registered
498 Posts
if you already have a torque dampener you probably wont notice any increase in noise or vibration. My E is so noisey already I probably wouldn't be able to hear anything else.

Please let us know if these will fit an E, I don't mind using window weld, but it needs to set up for a long time, and that is the real issue.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
if you already have a torque dampener you probably wont notice any increase in noise or vibration. My E is so noisey already I probably wouldn't be able to hear anything else.

Please let us know if these will fit an E, I don't mind using window weld, but it needs to set up for a long time, and that is the real issue.

I thought the working time was about 15 min. I know it's 8 hours to full cure at 70 Deg. F...

I think. Let me look.

This is all I was able to find.

Listed below are approximate times to achieve stated overlap shear strengths. Overlap
shear strength to meet OEM requirements varies depending on the make of the car.
Please note that bonding is not recommended below 40°F.

Dom

·
Registered
498 Posts
those times are quoted assuming that it is being a thin bead used to glue in a window. I wouldn't trust it in the car for a least 3-4 days. preferably a week.

I've cut out windshields a week after they were installed and the inside of the bead of adhesive was still wet. Just saying.....

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
those times are quoted assuming that it is being a thin bead used to glue in a window. I wouldn't trust it in the car for a least 3-4 days. preferably a week.

I've cut out windshields a week after they were installed and the inside of the bead of adhesive was still wet. Just saying.....

Good information!

Thanks

Dom

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
addressing this noise thing, i wondered whether Energy Suspension made some sort of bushing that could be used w/ the torque dampener fasteners.
my thought is their stuff would still be stiff, but wouldn't transmit as much sound. at this point, this is just a thought that i haven't acted on. if you do give this a try, i'd like to know how it turns out, please.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts