Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post on this forum that was posted more than a decade ago but I have a question regarding wheether upgrading the elements scan I still use the elements stock air intake on this manifold? Can any auto shop install this kind of Manifold without too much fabrication needed? I have an 03 ex element.
The part is from a 2006-11 civic si. Also needs the civic throttle gasket cover.
Here is where I found this post:

· Registered
542 Posts
Im sure it could fit but realize that it really shines in the upper rpm areas where the element just cant go. Not saying it wouldnt help any in our rpm range but im not sure it would be worth the money and hasle on an element since it really was designed to make hp in the 5-9K rpm range

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im sure it could fit but realize that it really shines in the upper rpm areas where the element just cant go. Not saying it wouldnt help any in our rpm range but im not sure it would be worth the money and hasle on an element since it really was designed to make hp in the 5-9K rpm range
Well I could speak for the forum that I got this info off of. Link below post
This would make your bottom end power and fuel economy even worse
the link on my post speaks for itself

· Super Moderator
2,277 Posts
I saw a post on this forum that was posted more than a decade ago but I have a question regarding wheether upgrading the elements scan I still use the elements stock air intake on this manifold? Can any auto shop install this kind of Manifold without too much fabrication needed? I have an 03 ex element.
The part is from a 2006-11 civic si. Also needs the civic throttle gasket cover.
Here is where I found this post:

MODERATOR WARNING:

I just had to delete a similar new thread made on this intake manifold topic created by Markdesilva.

@ Markdesilva

All your questions regarding install, performance, and the differences between RBB and RBC manifold are already answered in the thread link you provided in OP. Please read that thread instead of creating duplicate threads (which essentially ask the same questions). This behavior is what led to your temporary ban recently. Know that after you create a thread, you are allowed to simply reply to your peers with additional follow up questions that relate to thread topic. It is not necessary to create a whole new thread. Also, the search feature on this website can be very useful in researching upgrade options for our Elements.

RBB intake manifold questions | Honda Element Owners Club

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MODERATOR WARNING:

I just had to delete a similar new thread made on this intake manifold topic created by Markdesilva.

@ Markdesilva

All your questions regarding install, performance, and the differences between RBB and RBC manifold are already answered in the thread link you provided in OP. Please read that thread instead of creating duplicate threads (which essentially ask the same questions). This behavior is what led to your temporary ban recently. Know that after you create a thread, you are allowed to simply reply to your peers with additional questions that are on topic. It is not necessary to create a whole new thread. Also, the search feature on this website can be very useful in researching upgrade options for our Elements.

RBB intake manifold questions | Honda Element Owners Club
I did ask the same question? Never knew. Seriously. If I did, guess my bad

· Registered
542 Posts
Well, put it on your element and report back how much better it runs. I ran that intake on a built K24 in an RSX and it did help greatly but that motor was happy in the 8K rpm range. I didnt say it wouldnt help if you read it. I said for the amount of money your going to spend I highly doubt it would be worth it. It simply wasnt designed to help an underpowered K24 in a heavy toaster. If you really want some hp and torque a tuner would be a way better value but I dont think there is a simple one available for the 03. I may be wrong and others can chime in on that

· Registered
428 Posts
Mark,

Based on what you said in your multitude of posts, your car is able to get to 95 mph, and you want to go 110 mph or faster. That's ~15%, or 1.15 increase in speed. Any high school physics textbook will tell you that there is a quadratic relationship between speed and horsepower. So, to get where you want to be, you'd need to up your HP by 1.15*1.15=1.32, or over 30%. If you think a cheap gimmick like an intake mod will give you a 30% HP bump, have at it. Any reasonable person will tell you you're wasting your time.

· Super Moderator
2,277 Posts
Let’s not knock someone for wanting to upgrade their Element. The RBB mod is an appropriate upgrade for the 03-06 Element. It is an OEM intake manifold that came on the TSX. The RBB manifold has a fatter base and runners and will swap out nicely.

Arm Body jewelry Human body Jaw Gesture

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Let’s not knock someone for wanting to upgrade their Element. The RBB mod is an appropriate upgrade for the 03-06 Element. It is an OEM intake manifold that came on the TSX. The RBB manifold has a fatter base and runners and will swap out nicely.

View attachment 219662
[/QUOTE wow that’s a great difference from the stock element intake. I could see gains on the in the low and midrange rpms. So that’s like 2000-3500 rpms if I’m not mistaken. My primary goal is to get the element to have a stronger pull on the top end. By top end I’m talking about pulling up to its speed limiter or 4000-4500 rpms. I know I’ve created a post on the difference between the RBB and RBC intake manifold, but I don’t want to ask that again or otherwise I’ll probably be banned. I guess the question comes down to which will help the element achieve better top end in the 4000-5000 rpm range? Would the RBB or RBC be useful in my application? From what I have read, there are claims stating that the RBC does not show gains until 7000 rpms or so. The element is not a high revving Honda engine. Although the RBC can still technically bolt on without much modification. I apologize if I have been rude or obnoxious on this site. All I’m doing is looking for good advice from members on how I can achieve these goals.

· Super Moderator
2,277 Posts
"The 03 auto Element is a high revving engine"? Sorry, but your performance goals are not realistic at all. Partly because of your $500 budget and also because you are an auto 03. Nevertheless, the RBB manifold along with catback exhaust, RSX header, SR intake would be the most appropriate path forward. Otherwise save up for FI, turbo, or A2 engine swap. Trust me, there is no easier softer way.

· Registered
554 Posts
No, it is not a high revving engine.

If you want high revving and performance and fuel economy…the Element is not for you. That’s really all there is to it. If all you want is for people to agree with you, that isn’t going to happen here. You have the input of other Element owners and techs who have spent years and many thousands of dollars on their vehicles, so heed what they say when they give input and suggestions. Good advice is free here, but it’ll only cost you if you don’t take it.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

If you want high revving and performance and fuel economy…the Element is not for you. That’s really all there is to it. If all you want is for people to agree with you, that isn’t going to happen here. You have the input of other Element owners and techs who have spent years and many thousands of dollars on their vehicles, so heed what they say when they give input and suggestions. Good advice is free here, but it’ll only cost you if you don’t take it.
I

i fixed my type o. Me at to say it’s not. But seriously, will it be better for me to upgrade to a RBB or RBC intake manifold if my goal is to get it to reacher higher speeds like 110-112 moh(speed limiter). Right now, the car is in good running condition with all the maintenance done and that’s with the stock intake manifold. It drives nicely and will get up to speed up to a certain point of 90-100 mph. Past 100 mph, it falls flat on its face. Would the RBB alone help with gaining a bit more powerful top end in being able to achieve 110-120 mph? If not, would it help to install a k an n intake. Mainly to help it breathe better. Ideally I should get a performance exhaust but I have no money so I’ll work with what I can afford rn.

· Registered
554 Posts
Dude. Driving at that speed is absolutely foolish and unacceptable, because we all know that you’re doing this on public roads. You might think you have your 💩 together, but if and when the unexpected happens and you have to react fast, your brain might have okay reaction time, but the element will respond like a beached whale.
I’m not contributing anything to this thread.

· Super Moderator
2,277 Posts
I have to agree. I am supercharged and it is rare I ever go 90MPH. I also don't see the connection between better performance and reaching 120mph faster? I guess you want the NOS affect but with cheap bolt on's? It all just beginning to sound ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts