Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I found a good deal on some KC Hilites Daylighters and I was looking for a way to attach them to the E. I had looked previously at the Brock Bar made by one of the members, but I feel like it places the lights in a rather vulnerable location. I was thinking about trying to put them on the corners of my hood, right in front of my A post (think like a jeep). I figured i could fabricate a piece of steel to act as a bracket there, if i could wrap it around the body and bolt it under the plastic panel and under the body part by the hood. I'm sure this sounds confusing but go look at your E and I'll bet you can figure it out. I've included a picture of a Jeep with this spotlight, now i just want to know if anyone else has tried this or knows of a successful attempt.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
there are 3 screws on the bottom of the mirrors. you can make a plate and attach it to the bottom of the mirrors. 'L' Bracket it up and you can mount lights to the plate.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks patxi thats great info. also i thought about the glare problem and i figured i could make a visor for under the light which should shield some of the glare on the hood, i have a galaxy grey E so it shouldnt reflect too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts