Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Element EX and some questions about brake pads.

I am interested in ceramic pads. I would like to know if any Element owners have used them on their Elements. If so, I would like to get some opinions, good or bad.

I read somewhere that they don't work well in wet weather. Is this true?

I am not sure what Honda requires for the Element. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The Element come factory with ceramic brake pads.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
The Element come factory with ceramic brake pads.

Every Element ever sold has, or had them. When I replaced the pads, I put Ceramic pads back in. They produce less dust.

Dom

·
Registered
83 Posts
Go 4 it

I buy my ceramic pads at Auto Zone. I run em front and rear. DON'T get the most expensive ones (fancy box & they're cut a bit different). They Do Not stop as well and they will make a terrible noise.

·
Registered
872 Posts
so witch ones do we need to get? and will they wear the roters quicker than the oem pads? I put some lifetime pads on my montarow from oriley or addvance I they killes the roters in less than 2 years.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Wagner TQ

Advance has the Wagner ThermoQuiet. They are quiet and long lasting. All the Element pads are ceramic, so as long as you buy the proper replacement pads; they are ceramic.

·
Registered
872 Posts
long lasting ceramic pads. does that mean they will wear the roters more? the ones I put on my montarow (for the spelling teachers out there) Mitsubishi montaro, were the wagners but it was 3 -5 years ago & probly not ceramic but they were$$$ so might of been ceramic. I just dont like parts that kill other parts. normal wear is one thing but killing is another. & my rotors still look new but ft pads are skiney

1 - 10 of 10 Posts