Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has Anyone Used DENSO Engine Oil Filter 150-2006? Supposed to be the Same as OEM Honda

Camera lens Camera accessory Liquid Cylinder Cameras & optics

https://www.densoproducts.com/denso-150-2006-oil-filter

I am wondering if this is the same as the current engine oil filter the dealership is currently selling, made in Japan

15400-RTA-003

Liquid Tin Fluid Paint Cylinder

And what kind of pricing have you all been getting on these oil filters? I noticed that where I am the price on the OEM Honda ones have jumped about 25% since a year and a half ago

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi,
Hell, I never knew Denso made a filter, but...

Being Denso, would trust it.

In the present market buying local...

I would go WIX or NAPA Gold, which is a WIX!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesn't Denso make the Honda alternator?
I know Denso makes the AC condensor for the Element, I put in a brand new Denso one and it has worked great for two summers now with no leaks or problems. In the past on another car I had put some cheap overseas made AC Condensor that didnt last one summer.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like it is also important not only to find a good filter but find a reputable place to buy them from as there are counterfeit OEM oil filters and other parts out there on the internet

·
Registered
20 Posts
Denso is a good name for electrical parts such as alternators, starters, A/C compressors, as well as radiators. However, comparing it to OEM is like trying to shoot a moving target. The mechanics at the local Honda garage that I've been dealing with for over 30 years, tell me that the Honda oil filters come from suppliers with the lowest bid.
I use the NAPA Gold 7352 which is the same as the WIX 57356 and made by WIX. I use this on all of my Honda's and have been doing so for decades, as well as my 2001 Mazda Miata. Excellent filter:
WIX 57356 Product Specifications
Part Number:57356
UPC Number:765809573567
Style:Spin-On Lube Filter
Service:Lube
Type:Full Flow
Media:Enhanced Cellulose
Height:3.402
Outer Diameter Top:2.685
Outer Diameter Bottom:Closed
Thread Size:20 X 1.5 mm
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI:8-11