Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a recent test drive here in Rock Hill, SC I had a rather nice conversation with the salesman that seemed to be a lot of BS. He told me that 500 pounds has been added to the original element release inorder to provide a better ride quality. I asked him where it was added, and he thought for a while and said it was in insulation in the floors and side walls to muffel out the road noise.

I plan on getting a new E in the next month or so, I'm not sure which model, the 4wd doesn't seem to be all that helpful here in SC, no snow, no floods.. I was thinking about tricking out a DX model, but it's hard to find any aftermarket parts, i.e. body kits, altezza lights... had anyone had any luck styleing theirs up with anything other than honda original accessories??
If so, I'd love to see some pics!!! Thanks!

8) ~Nate[/b]

·
Registered
894 Posts
How can 500 lbs be added with insulation? Has this dealer never handled a bat of insulation? I can't believe the rubbish some dealers come out with.

·
Registered
129 Posts
[quote:04dbfdc445="NateDaniel"]On a recent test drive here in Rock Hill, SC I had a rather nice conversation with the salesman that seemed to be a lot of BS. He told me that 500 pounds has been added to the original element release inorder to provide a better ride quality. I asked him where it was added, and he thought for a while and said it was in insulation in the floors and side walls to muffel out the road noise. [/quote:04dbfdc445]

Find a different dealer.

I plan on getting a new E in the next month or so, I'm not sure which model, the 4wd doesn't seem to be all that helpful here in SC, no snow, no floods.. I was thinking about tricking out a DX model, but it's hard to find any aftermarket parts, i.e. body kits, altezza lights... had anyone had any luck styleing theirs up with anything other than honda original accessories??
If so, I'd love to see some pics!!! Thanks!
It's pretty early in the model release yet. You might have to wait a little while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts