Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hatch is closed, nothing in the E, & as i drive the trunk light in the dashboard & rear hatch dome light flicker on & off. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? I cant set my alarm or lock the doors because it thinks the hatch is open. Does anyone know where the sensor is? It flickers like a strobe light & occurs more with bumps in the road. So im assuming something is loose. The hatch is closed all the way I double checked & it has no sign of it being loose. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
find the switch mounted in the hatch sill that controls the rear dome light. there's a sliding lever/plunger sticking out. make sure it's not bent out of shape. make sure the rear dome light goes off when the lever/slider is pressed in all the way. adjust the position of the lever/plunger thing if necessary and tighten screws after adjustment.

if that doesn't work, then you may have to look at adjusting the hatch, but only after trying other things.

good luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
same problem

Hey... I've got the same problem. I drained the battery once because of it. Which was interesting because I did not know I had to find a switch to put it in neutral to push it so the jumper cables would reach. I think that my problem is due to a small fender bender. I now turn off the back dome light. I have to slam it to shut it. Anyway good luck with your fix.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Hey... I've got the same problem. I drained the battery once because of it.
This happened to me as well. I cured it by screwing in the rubber bumpers on the hatch. They are threaded into the metal on on the outside edge of each corner of the door. Give each one of them about a quarter turn clockwise and see if this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts