Honda Element Owners Club banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I have 600 miles on my new 2010 Element...its my third one....and I just want my 2005 back.....I should of just sunk the $$$Money into it to have the 90K mile service done instead of buying this piece of crap imitation of what used to be a great vehicle.

I HATE: the driver seat.... who was the frakkin rocket scientist that put the strangulation seat belt into the seat. Soooooo uncomfortable and so annoying.
You sit upright and can't bring the seat down to the floor anymore. I'm a tall guy and liked it THAT WAY!!!

I HATE: the passenger seat.....who was the moron that eliminated fold forward and slide to the dash all in one motion to get to the rear seat easier mechanism.

I HATE: The over head console. STUPID design. It didn;t work in the 1995-2005 Chevrolets and it ain't gonna work now. Where's the little hideaway door with the mesh plastic bottom. Where are my kickass map lights?

I HATE: Where did the rear moonroof go. C'mon when the dog farts in the back I gotta open the moon roof to vent.

I HATE: That there is still only two outlets. C'mon we gotta have at least one in the center. Would have been 100times better that that removable shoebox cooler.

I HATE: The visors. Who the frakk made the executive decision to eliminate the best visors EVER designed. You slide the inner panels out and have a continous visor across your wind shield. Sweet...no more.

So, the people at the dealership are gonna think I'm nuts when I trade my 600 mile 2010 in for a 20,000 mile 2007 or 2008.....

This blows.....

·
Registered
161 Posts
wow, what a bummer. 3rd Element, but first post on the forum... double bummer.

BTW- Welcome! Too bad you hadn't noticed some of your "HATES" during your test drive.

·
Registered
816 Posts
sorry to hear how unhappy you are with your 2010..i have an 04,,i do agree with you on the 1 passenger side outlet..thats my biggest compliant..now a days cars need 2 or 3 front outlets,,good luck

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow, what a bummer. 3rd Element, but first post on the forum... double bummer.

BTW- Welcome! Too bad you hadn't noticed some of your "HATES" during your test drive.
I have been reading the forum for 'years' . You guys are gonna shoot me when I tell you this.... but I figured...its an Element, I've logged over 175,000 miles total in my other 2, why would I need to test drive it? So I didn't...

Stupidest decision I ever made... I looked it over, noticed the changes.... thought it would have been for the better.... WOW...was I wrong. On all fronts..

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
So, the people at the dealership are gonna think I'm nuts when I trade my 600 mile 2010 in for a 20,000 mile 2007 or 2008.....

This blows.....
I think the 05 was the last to have seat belt on the door, passenger fold forward seat, and they changed the visor. do a search and/or check out some interior pics to confirm. if so, you mind as well keep the 10'.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, this is my first post. I have a Kiwi Green 06 and it has the door belts, the visors and all the other goodies. I bought it about 7 months ago with only 40,000 miles on it, so if you trade in the 2010 there are still some good buys out there.

I love this car and it puts a smile on my face every time I get into it.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Hey guys, this is my first post. I have a Kiwi Green 06 and it has the door belts, the visors and all the other goodies. I bought it about 7 months ago with only 40,000 miles on it, so if you trade in the 2010 there are still some good buys out there.

I love this car and it puts a smile on my face every time I get into it.
Welcome to the EOC to both of you. Yap, the redesign was done on '07 year.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I think the 05 was the last to have seat belt on the door, passenger fold forward seat, and they changed the visor. do a search and/or check out some interior pics to confirm. if so, you mind as well keep the 10'.
Like jea said, the 2006 was basically the same car as the 2005, and 2007 is when they did the first refresh.

Welcome to the forums, and I'm sorry you've discovered the hard and expensive way that Honda's attempts at improving the Element had the opposite effect.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
OK, so I have 600 miles on my new 2010 Element...its my third one....and I just want my 2005 back.....I should of just sunk the $$$Money into it to have the 90K mile service done instead of buying this piece of crap imitation of what used to be a great vehicle.

I HATE: the driver seat.... who was the frakkin rocket scientist that put the strangulation seat belt into the seat. Soooooo uncomfortable and so annoying.

I HATE: the passenger seat.....who was the moron that eliminated fold forward and slide to the dash all in one motion to get to the rear seat easier mechanism.

I HATE: The visors. Who the frakk made the executive decision to eliminate the best visors EVER designed. You slide the inner panels out and have a continous visor across your wind shield. Sweet...no more.

This blows.....
As said by others already, you're gonna want to go pre 07 if you have issues with the items listed in the quote.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Sorry to see that! I also have the same Issues with the changes! It's the only reason the wife still has the 05! Other than that we would have traded up to a newer one.

You are in this area, so there are members that have been looking at new E's. You may want to make a meet, and see if one of them is willing to trade with you. Most of the Elements in this bunch are in Excellent condition. Only one or two that need work.

Dom

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
You are NOT gonna want an 07 or an 08. The seat items you mention that you
HATE so much, are the same. The seats changed in 05 or 06. Do some research
before you make the same mistake again.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sorry to see that! I also have the same Issues with the changes! It's the only reason the wife still has the 05! Other than that we would have traded up to a newer one.

You are in this area, so there are members that have been looking at new E's. You may want to make a meet, and see if one of them is willing to trade with you. Most of the Elements in this bunch are in Excellent condition. Only one or two that need work.

Dom

This is a great idea! Maybe you can make a fair trade without taking the wooping from the dealership! Love my '04, and am shying away from the newer ones for many of the reasons listed in this thread. I like that my E is simple.

Best of luck to ya!

Tam

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
yes yes yes, I think mid 06', the 07' rolled out introducing the SC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hate My 2010 Element

I just picked up my new 2010 Element yesterday when it was raining. Today in the sunshine I realized the visors were not the same as the ones I loved on my 2005. Then from this group I learned that there were other changes, like the passenger seat change, and one I noticed, that the new center console intrudes on the back seat floor area. This is a particular problem for me as I travel with cats and put a large dog carrier on the back seat floor and it will no longer fit level. I just don't feel as happy about my purchase now. I have one question, has anyone tried to replace the slide style visors on the newer Elements with the telescoping sun shade visors that were standard on the older model Elements? I am curious if they will fit.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Even exchange ................

I'll come pick up your '10 and leave my '05 behind , I got all the stuff you need and make you whole once again !
Haters
GEEEEEEEEEZ

RUBY

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
I have to agree that none of the changes Honda made to the Element in '07 were improvements. The new seats design was an unfortunate case of Honda listening to owners who whined about how they had to take off their seat belt to open the back door.

Ssdphoto, do you realize the visors slide out on their pivots? Maybe not ideal, but should block the sun as effectively as the old style.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Don't Hate My 2010 Element

I don't hate my 2010 Element. I just loved my 2005 more. It is because I loved my 2005 that I bought the 2010 in the first place. I didn't even look at other cars. I am just disappointed to find that things I liked and took for granted have been changed for the worse. And, now that I have the 2010 Element I am looking for solutions to the "problems" I have encountered so I can feel excited about my new car again.

·
Registered
874 Posts
is it paid for ???? mine is !!!if your was a cargo khaki I might think about a trade. what the heck if it's paid for bring it on over.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The more I browse the forum and threads, the more I'm elated that I found my '06.

I can't tell you how much I've used the rear sunroof while roadtripping or off-roading, I think its been stored at home more than been on the vehicle.

And I loved the visors in my S-10 that extended past my head when the sun was blaring in from the side window, and now I have found them again, GENIUS!!!

I never really thought much about the seat flipping forward and sliding out of the way of incoming gear or people, but now that you mentioned it, it is so much easier.

And the fact that I found a 4 year old car with only 27,000 miles on it with not one scratch to the plastic or paint, I'm even more pleased.

Thanks EOC for making me feel so good about my purchase!!:-D

·
Registered
617 Posts
i guess since my 09 was my first element, then maybe I dont know what im missing? But I love this car. I have never loved a car as much as i do this one. And let me tell you my element is car #38 since Ive been 16 (age 37 now). To be bluntly honest, I didnt even like the looks of the element until they started painting the fenders the color of the car. Then, when the 09 came out I really took a likeing to the car so much I went out and bought one. Maybe because Im a small guy at 5'9 and 155lbs the seat belt doesnt bother me? As far as visors, i wear sunglasses when its sunny and i have a strip of tint on my windsheild.

I will say the only thing i miss from my other car is the heated leather seats and the sunroof.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.