Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was at my friend's house last night and left our cars to go riding our motorcycles. He had a fixed up 240sx and my element parked behind his. Some haters come rolling by after we left and broke our windshields. Fortunately, he got hit by something bigger, and they had something little to throw at me.

from the inside of my car

and his car got it worse...

HOP OFF YALL HATERS :-x

GO EFF YOURSELVES TOO!! LOL

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sorry that happen bud.:-(
Looks like a nice neighborhood too, I guess you never know where
that can happen. Your friend needs to get a security cam up to catch
these loser's in action.

·
Registered
557 Posts
...but the mercedes and infinity and other expensive cars are untouched...

sounds like someone who's mad at your friend, or you. I'd crack their "windshields" too. Whoever it is probably doesn't have a car. Also, whatever they threw would be in front of the car, as it bounced off the window. If you had the money, you could get it fingerprinted and see who threw it if they are a re-offending hoodlum. That way you don't have to pay for your windshield...

·
Registered
707 Posts
They were probably Scion Xb owners or Nissan Cube owners and they were just jealous of your E. Sorry about that though, stupid vandles!

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you had the money, you could get it fingerprinted and see who threw it if they are a re-offending hoodlum. That way you don't have to pay for your windshield...
Actually, that's what we have police departments for. :)

I'd definitely be reporting it. Probably some stupid kids out for kicks.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Actually, that's what we have police departments for. :)

true... but... they won't bother unless you have the object in question and they really think something will come of it. It's not expensive to have a private investigator dust some stuff for you and send the prints in.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the picture with the mercedes and infinity is at my house in the driveway. it happened over at my friends house which was the neighborhood accross the street. Our cars werent the only ones that got hit up. all up and down the street, cars had been keyed up, broken windows, and all sorts of trash. these kids are idiots. it had happened before, but not for a while, so i figured it be ok to park out again.

the sad part was, that my friend DOES have a security camera on top of his garage to look out to the front, but..... IT WASNT RECORDING!!!!

oh well, im gettin the glass replaced tommorow morning. i hate stupid kids

·
Registered
541 Posts
:shock: what jerks! atleast it was just the windshield.... just be grateful they didn't screw w/your paint, then i'd be REALLY pissed!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Oh man, if this were me, i would HUNT THEM DOWN...
I wouldn't care how long it takes, or how I do it, just know, they would PAY...

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
summer time and bored teenagers, never a good combination.................
sorry about your luck

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
yeah, young socio-paths in the making. Doesn't happen a lot here in Texas (after-dark deadly force laws tend to be a pretty good deterrent - as well as distilling the gene pool a bit from time to time).

Texas Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just got to work. theres a place down the street that changes windshields. im a little nervous, cause i know its not gonna be as good as the original windshield. anybody ever changed their windshields out yet? cause i was thinking about getting it changed over at the honda dealership, but im pretty sure thats gonna be pricey.. and my other friend told me to use my insurance to claim the damage, but im under 24, and dont want my rates jumping one bit! next time i see these kids, imma shoot them =)

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
just got to work. theres a place down the street that changes windshields. im a little nervous, cause i know its not gonna be as good as the original windshield. anybody ever changed their windshields out yet? cause i was thinking about getting it changed over at the honda dealership, but im pretty sure thats gonna be pricey.. and my other friend told me to use my insurance to claim the damage, but im under 24, and dont want my rates jumping one bit! next time i see these kids, imma shoot them =)
I've done one, no issues with aftermarket

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Ask them if you can take a look at their finished product IE. a car they've repaired. Also find out if they guarentee their work. If they do, go there.
If they won't stand behind the work they do, find someone else to fix it.

Also, tell your friend to fix his doggone camera system! You could be having the little twerps who caused this headache pay for it (and by association ALL the vandalism caused that night on that street) if you had video the cops could use.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Ok. See. People like that needs to be brutally eradicated from existence. :mad:

Sorry your E got vandalized, Martinguyen.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
That sucks man! Call out the Twirates, we'll keel haul 'em! YARRRR! :mad:

mkh, unfortunately they're not young sociopaths in the making, they're just young sociopaths. The general rule of thumb that I've oft heard repeated is "if a kid doesn't know right from wrong by age 8, they probably never will really learn it". If they're already doing crap like this, it means they're most likely going to go through their adult lives in and out of trouble with the law...:sad:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, i got the windshield replaced today. it actually turned out very good. they charged $100, but i prepaid and tipped them a 20 to be gentle and to let me put the stickers and etc back onto the windshield. that $20 actually put them into a good mood, and they upgraded my windshield with the blue tint that runs across the top of the window. that was pretty cool, but i would have preferred like a black tint or so, but im not complaining. they did an awesome job!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
OEM glass is usually made by the lowest bidder. There isn't a decline in quality by getting a replacement as long as you go OEM. It can only be better, not worse. OEE is worse (Safelite).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts