Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Element!

As a sculptor I have to haul LOTS of large sized and long materials- I've fit uncut 4x8 sheets of plywood in the back, and just today hauled 17ft long steel pipes with no problems!

Because you can run long lengths of things between the front seats, I feel like you can haul even longer things than pickup trucks.

I took pictures with my cellphone just for fun.

Anyone else have any pictures with big loads?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Cool,but even though you have that flag on the end,I think I'd be a bit worried about someone not paying attention ramming into that.:confused: Hopefully that doesn't ever happen to you.:)

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
That would be wild to see that pole sticking out of your grille if someone hit the damn thing. Some states that would be illegal even with the flag as it becomes a unsafe load. I have hauled little motorcycles in the back of mine. Honda in a Honda...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I had my flashers on, only took side roads, and made sure I had tons of room in front of me in case someone was coming up behind me too fast. I only had to haul that about 4 miles... Wouldn't want to take it farther than that!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'll take pictures next time...

I have been carring two adult bikes, and a Child trailer inside the E with only one seat folded up. Baby car seat next to them and My Wife in the passenger seat. It's tricky but it'll work untill I spring for some bike racks.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
A couple months ago I saw the wildest thing being carried by a 4 Runner. It wasn't what he was carrying it was how. It was something simular to what you had but way longer and he had it tied to the undercarrage and it was sticking out of both ends about 10 feet. If he got rear ended he would have stabbed to vehicles! It was off the ground just enough as the truck was lifted.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've been hauling my concert grand pedal harp as I have a concert coming up with a bunch of other people, and I have to go to rehearsals twice/week. So far, by the time I'm done loading everything, I'm not in the mood to snap a picture. This Wednesday, however, I will be hauling my concert grand, with a 36-string floor harp on top of it, along with a music stand, harp chair, bag of music and myself. I'll snap a picture if I remember. I can get all that in, close the tailgate and hatch and go. The thing I really love about my E is that I can climb inside with the doors open and rearrange things while walking around (crouched over of course -- I'm almost 6' tall) and that is so much easier than dealing with the Outback.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
A couple months ago I saw the wildest thing being carried by a 4 Runner. It wasn't what he was carrying it was how. It was something simular to what you had but way longer and he had it tied to the undercarrage and it was sticking out of both ends about 10 feet. If he got rear ended he would have stabbed to vehicles! It was off the ground just enough as the truck was lifted.
I saw the same thing here, he was carrying lumber and driving a fancy truck, I don't think he wanted the lumber scratching his truck. It was hanging just a few inches from the ground.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I saw the same thing here, he was carrying lumber and driving a fancy truck, I don't think he wanted the lumber scratching his truck. It was hanging just a few inches from the ground.
And I thought this guy was unique. It could be a relitive.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts