Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Kayaks about 13' long. Does anyone know of the best way to haul these on top the E? I only need to haul one kayak but two would be nice.

I have a Thule rack system already that I used on an Expedition but I don't know if the Thule can adapt to the E.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't driven the E with kayaks yet. With the Expedition I had, i didn't even notice them but thats a much different vehicle.

My plans are to haul only one kayak so I don't think the E will notice it much either. I suspect two kayaks may be bit demanding; you may want to consider a kayak trailer instead.

Often when I hauled two kayaks with my Expedition I thought a trailer would have been much easier to load/unload, considering the height of the vehicle.

As for the Thule, its a very nice system. Extremely easier to put on and take off. They also have "rollers" to make loading and unloading the kayak a lot easier. My only complaint is they are sooo expensive.

I don't know much about the Honda rack but I'm going to check into it. Especially if its less expensive than the Thule.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.