Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 LX and she has slept outside ever since I got her. I don't have an alarm and I know I'm pushing my luck living in a high crime area. I haven't seen too many posts about aftermarket alarms and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

I am not too worried about my E being stolen but more concerned about a break in. Most of the cars where I park at night have an alarm system and you can see the flashing LED's in the cars. And when you look into my E? Nothing. I park next to my wife's Civic which does have an alarm. My main use for an alarm would be as a deterrent.

I would probably have it installed as I'm not that savvy with cars other than simple maintenance things. I have seen so many botched jobs though I'm concerned. Alarms not working, dead batteries, alarms going off as you're driving, etc.

Any ideas for me?

Oh, and I hate to think about adding another fob to the one for my E. Is there was I could possibly integrate everything?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I have a 2007 LX and she has slept outside ever since I got her. I don't have an alarm and I know I'm pushing my luck living in a high crime area. I haven't seen too many posts about aftermarket alarms and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

I am not too worried about my E being stolen but more concerned about a break in. Most of the cars where I park at night have an alarm system and you can see the flashing LED's in the cars. And when you look into my E? Nothing. I park next to my wife's Civic which does have an alarm. My main use for an alarm would be as a deterrent.

I would probably have it installed as I'm not that savvy with cars other than simple maintenance things. I have seen so many botched jobs though I'm concerned. Alarms not working, dead batteries, alarms going off as you're driving, etc.

Any ideas for me?

Oh, and I hate to think about adding another fob to the one for my E. Is there was I could possibly integrate everything?
go with a DEI product (viper, python, clifford, etc). they are great and there are many dei delaers in your area. alarms are just that, a deterant, they keep honest people honest. if someone really wants in they will get in. you could get the hornet 727t if you want to use the factory remotes, but most of the other alarms that they offer will do keyless and come with 1 or 2 remotes so you could ditch the factory one and get better range will you are at it.
I could make one up for you ement specific like the remote start on the club store is but it might be better for you if you just had it installed professionally.

·
Registered
25 Posts
is Las Vegas really crime region?
don`t you want to place flashing LED instead of alarm system? cheeper solution :)
if you don`t worry about stoling the car then don`t connect relays to engine, just alarm sensors and horn. there are a lot of alarm systems that can modify your factory one. can`t give links, cause you don`t interested in alarm systems in Russia :roll:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts