Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a co-worker who knows that I am getting the Element soon.
He told me today that his wife saw an Orange one this weekend and said she couldn't understand why I wanted one, it was the ugliest thing she ever saw.
Like you all have said, you either totally hate it or totally love it.
There seems to be no middle ground. :roll:

LitteDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote:c37becb574="LittleDogBox"]I have a co-worker who knows that I am getting the Element soon.
He told me today that his wife saw an Orange one this weekend and said she couldn't understand why I wanted one, it was the ugliest thing she ever saw.
Like you all have said, you either totally hate it or totally love it.
There seems to be no middle ground. :roll:

LitteDogBox
Arlington, Va.[/quote:c37becb574]
Don't worry, Be Happy
EVERYONE hates the Aztec
hee hee

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
280 Posts
Was at lunch with some people at work today and when I mentioned that I'm looking at Elements I got an incredulous "you like those" and a laugh from one of the guys. My nephew asked if I "knew they were plastic"--I responded that I have a Saturn now so it will be less plastic. Just trying to decide between SMM and GG.

·
Registered
338 Posts
That guy and his wife sound like nice people - NOT.

If you want one get it for yourself. His wife can tell him what to do - be grateful she doesn't control you.

Some people will never have anything good to say (it's called jealousy).

·
Registered
64 Posts
We all know that E owners are dancin' to a different beat. It is important not to allows others to paint us with their distain. I have found that most negative comments can be easily brushed aside by a smile, a raised eyebrow, and the phase.....BITE ME!
There are more horses-asses in the world than horses. (at last count).

shaka......... 8)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
:shock: WHAT.. She thought it was the ugliest thing she has ever seen???? :x And what is she, some sort of beauty queen????

I happen to have a Sunset Orange Pearl E and I AM IN LOVE WITH IT!!! :D
I get so many GREAT comments and folks actually wanted to look inside it. :)

I'm in Alexandria, VA and have not seen any other SOP's registered in VA. If and When you get yours.. Let me know.. we can hang out.. Have some E fun.. :lol:

Kerr
EX AWD SOP E

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a SLM 5-speed and I mostly get very good comments, in fact I have let my friends drive it and they now want one. However the day I bought the E I was showing it to my girlfriend and she didn't have one thing nice to say about it :( So I dumped her 8)

·
Registered
204 Posts
[quote:b2b308a4d9="BB & Freaky-E"]However the day I bought the E I was showing it to my girlfriend and she didn't have one thing nice to say about it :( So I dumped her 8)[/quote:b2b308a4d9]

:lol: :shock: :lol:

LMFAO

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm in Alexandria, VA and have not seen any other SOP's registered in VA. If and When you get yours.. Let me know.. we can hang out.. Have some E fun..
Well, when mine gets here, there will be at least 2 Virginia SOPs, but I'm down in Blacksburg! :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
[quote:32aade6fc6="foxtail"]
I'm in Alexandria, VA and have not seen any other SOP's registered in VA. If and When you get yours.. Let me know.. we can hang out.. Have some E fun..
Well, when mine gets here, there will be at least 2 Virginia SOPs, but I'm down in Blacksburg! :)[/quote:32aade6fc6]

GG - Roanoke. Decided against SOP because I didn't want to draw attention to myself!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Had decided on GG (and drove one in Roanoke, as a matter of fact), but decided if I was going to drive a box, I might as well drive a bright box!

BTW, saw my first GG in Blacksburg yesterday.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you drove a GG one it must have been at Rick Woodson's - and would have been the same one I test drove. Were you the one responsible for buying their one and only SOP?

Shame it was yesterday you saw the GG - I was driving through in mine on Sunday!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Nope, the SOP was already gone when I drove the GG 10 days ago. Apparently it had just been sold. I didn't see a SOP till last week when they got one in at Duncan in Christiansburg, but that one was a 5-sp. Mine has a build date of 4/23, so I'm impatiently waiting.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have received a variety of comments from people in the office - some nice and some not so nice about what the "E" looks like. I remark to them how they will all be lined up to take a ride in it when I get it - not one has said anything about NOT wanting to be seen in it. :lol:

I will be especially interested in how the Land Rover owner sees it.

Iskie

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was waiting for a boat to pass under a bridge, and a guy in a Land Rover pulled next to me and said he loved my E! He asked how I liked it, and of course I told him I was thrilled with it! I have yet to get an ugly comment. I showed it to another person today who's wife wants one! 8)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yeah, the chucklenuts at my office delighted in changing my desktop wallpaper to nasty minivan pictures every morning. Until I brought the car in... now they love it. Only holdouts are my aunt and her kids, but they have a taxi-yellow Aztek, so they can suck a fattie. :D

Drew

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've gotten lots of positive remarks and questions about my "E" since I got it back in February, and only one negative reaction from some fat white trash f'er driving a beat up milk truck. He gave me a big "thumbs down" when I passed him on I91, so naturally I flipped him off. But due to the privacy glass, I don't think the greasy toad got my reply. Can you tell I'm originally from NY?

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote:520160ed2d="LittleDogBox"]I have a co-worker who knows that I am getting the Element soon.
[/quote:520160ed2d]

I always have to laugh at comments like that. First of all what your co-worker has to understand is that you are not buying the car for his wife. So, who really cares if she thinks its ugly?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts