Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have difficulty starting up the E? I have my E for almost 3 months. Within the last 3 weeks or so, I would need to try twice to start the car. Somehow the engine does not 'catch'. The first attempt always turns on all the electrical components without turning on the engine. Only with a second try does the engine turn on.

I am taking it to the shop tomorrow to have it checked out, and will keep you posted in case if you share the similar problem. I already took my E to the shop twice for:

1) Jammed Doors - my sister managed to jam the doors ( on the passenger side ) by closing both doors at the same time!!! Naturally this resulted in paint chips off the doors. My dealer was nice enough to give me a bottle of touch-up paint at no cost.

2) Corrected the rocking driver's seat problem.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I haven't had this problem with my E,but my husband was having a very similar problem with his Civic a few weeks back....it turned out to be a simple loose connection.

I would have it checked out ASAP, because I had a similar problem with my old car and it was the alternator. I know your E is new,but if it isn't a loose connection perhaps you got a bad alternator.

Good Luck!

·
Retired.
12,182 Posts
Mine had that similar prob for the first cpl months.......may have cleared up on its own.....but i think i just became accustomed to holding the key a little longer than i had to with my integra.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've had this problem too, but I noticed it was the immobilizer keeping the engine from starting. Look for the little green key light on the instrument panel. If it's blinking while you're starting, it didn't get the security key from the transponder inside the Element's key.

Stop it, turn the car off, and then turn it on. The immobilizer indicator will turn on and then turn off. Once it's off, start the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts