Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to home depot over the weekend, but I was unable to find the black plastic gutter guard for my Element. I found big rolls of the plastic mesh, but I didn't need that much. Can anyone tell me of another place I can get it and let me know how much of it they bought?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Lowes.............

·
Registered
608 Posts
I might have some extra that I dont need. PM me and i will look for it. BTW its the black plastic mesh that is not hard, it comes in a roll. i can send it to you

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have the black plastic roll of mesh gutter guard but when i installed it the corners dont have any sort of attaching point so the mesh still allowed stuff to hit the cooler, how are you attaching this mesh?!

EF

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have the black plastic roll of mesh gutter guard but when i installed it the corners dont have any sort of attaching point so the mesh still allowed stuff to hit the cooler, how are you attaching this mesh?!

EF
For the corners I drilled small holes in the bumper and used small zip ties. You can't see it unless you really look - no more so than the other zip ties, perhaps even less so. I found it much easier to make it tidy with the bumper off and I redid the other zip ties when I did the fog lights a couple months ago.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I just attached it with zip ties, my corners arent attached either, but nothing has hit my cooler on the corners. eventually I want to get the metal one, but the plastic mesh is working for now

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Get the more rigid stuff that comes in like a 6"x36" piece. It's some pretty tough stuff. Trimming will be required. Comes in white and brown I think. I used some krylon fusion and painted it black. Still looks great today.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Agreed. Ditch the plastic and get the metal cover guard that goes over the gutter (keeps the leaves out). Mine came in silver and I just painted it black. Also used zip ties. Still holding on like Day 1 and it won't break.

http://tera.kuren.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Element_Grill_Install

Looks harder than it is and it will last longer.......I didn't do behind the H emblem...Just the lower intake

·
Registered
159 Posts
to attach the bug screen mesh i used double sided tape from home depot.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I went to home depot over the weekend, but I was unable to find the black plastic gutter guard for my Element. I found big rolls of the plastic mesh, but I didn't need that much. Can anyone tell me of another place I can get it and let me know how much of it they bought?
Can we therefore assume that the 2010 EXs and LXs require the mod?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't really see how any modification is a requirement. :razz: :razz:
OK;-) , let's say "prudent". As I recall, the 2009-2010 SC lower grill doesn't need it, but does the EX/LX? I'm trying to see if a switch from wanting an SC to wanting an EX because I can get it in red and AWD has any real-life implications (oooo, an SAT word!:roll:).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Grille guard

I am just a newbie here and just got my 07 EX a few days ago.

Wondering the purpose of this so called grille guard is.

I may need one if I know the reason

Thanx

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a ton of miles on mine with no grill guard and the bottom of the radiator looks like hell, it is just beat up with dents and missing fins, I just bought the home depot "guard" to stop the beating.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I got the billet upper and lower grill off flezbay for mine 24+shipabout 12,00 I think & there close togeather, seems to get beter mpg(less drag, more air goes around.but dosent run hot)& looks great !!! especialy when I painted the silver bumper cover gloss black. Ill try to post some pics next week (when my kid has time, I dont have any brains she has 1/2 of them & the other 1/2 is in missouri at doctoren school with my other daughter )the other 4 kids got trains when they were passing out brains :razz: but you got to admit that trains are fun to play with:razz: just messen all 4 girls have brains.and 1 boy think's he has some.the other one don't do much thinken.hmm was that don't or can't, time to ponder on that fer a sec.:razz:

·
Registered
730 Posts
I found the metal grill guard at Home Depot and it has blocked all types of crap. IMO the metal is the way to go! Just a few zip ties and you're good to go!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I have a ton of miles on mine with no grill guard and the bottom of the radiator looks like hell, it is just beat up with dents and missing fins, I just bought the home depot "guard" to stop the beating.
I stuck mine on after procrastinating a while - till I found a hole through the A/C core big enough to push a pencil through. How it managed to miss the tubes while hitting hard enough to tear the aluminum fin is beyond me. Left a dent in the radiator core too.

Got peace of mind and the heavy duty galvanized steel gutter guard and it looks like a $100 professional job.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Grille Guard

I found the metal grill guard at Home Depot and it has blocked all types of crap. IMO the metal is the way to go! Just a few zip ties and you're good to go!
Hi there

Is this item something Home Depot has on the shelf??

If so what department should i go to??

Now I think I need one

Thanx

1 - 20 of 27 Posts