Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I've been lurking these boards for a while now, mostly looking at the cool DIY/Mods and a couple problems & issues. These forums have been a huge help, especially recently with the blinking D light/pressure switch problem. Saved me a shhtt ton of money ! BUT right now after many internet searches, I cannot find the answers to my current problem. I'm hoping I can find some help here.

I have a 2003 EX AT w/ 93k miles. My vehicle recently failed inspection due to the Hazard Lights not working. My turn signals are working just fine so it's not the bulbs. I checked the fuse-box and the fuse is still good. Mechanic suggested I replace the Hazard switch, so I ordered the part and replaced the hazard switch with a brand new one but that did not fix the issue. However, if my turn signals are on and I press the hazard button, the turn signals stop working but the hazards don't blink. I don't know electrical stuff very well but this makes me assume that the car thinks the hazard button is working, but there's still some issue. I don't know electrical **** very well so please excuse my ignorance. Does anybody know what the issue could be ? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
2 thoughts:
perhaps a turn signal bulb has died?
have you checked that all bulbs on each side flash for turns?

perhaps the flasher is nearing end of life and can flash 2 turn signals but not 4?

the turn signals and hazard signals share a lot of circuitry, so it's probably not a fuse problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All bulbs seem to be working fine for my turn signals. My hazard lights have not worked for at least a year but my turn signals have been working just fine the whole time, so I'm thinking the bulbs are still ok.

I have no trailer hitch and I'm using the standard bulbs, no LEDs.

I tried swapping the relay out with a brand new one from a parts store and the problem persisted.

Now after having tried the fuse under the dash, the relay under the dash, the fuse under the hood, and assuming the bulbs are fine since the turn signals are working correctly, I'm guessing the issue is somewhere in the wiring .

Thank you guys for your suggestions but I will probably end up taking it to a shop =[

1 - 5 of 5 Posts