Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally decided to do a couple mods I've been planning for a while. Sorry for the crappy iphone pics but the real camera's batt was dead. And apologies for no in progress pics. I was pressed for time.

Pic 1 - Home Depot upper & lower grille. I included the stock upper in the pic to show that I completely deleted it.
Pic 2 - Lower grille - Home depot gutter gaurd cut to size, sprayed flat black, & zip tied to the out side.
Pic 3 - Upper grille - Expanded metal (from HD) also flat black.
I debadged the rear also but I can't figure out how to post more than 3 pix. (I rarely post anything) But it's good it was 80+ degrees today, so no need for the heat gun!:)

Next on the list, painting the stock rims. Either battleship gray or flat black.

So long everyone, it's off to the Rainier's game!

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
I had that same solid gutter mesh on my car for a while, what your going to find out is that bugs and dirt get stuck to it and pull that nice black paint off if you try to clean it:oops: after a while of dealing with that, I just switched to the rubbery stuff that home depot also carries, it's on my Cr-v, but then again, your element has the same lower opening.
I painted mine chrome, though I was thinking about black...

Also, to get more pics in an attached setup, you can select the three pics, then hit "upload" then wait a sec, and the three bars should be blank again, and the pics should be listed below, then you can select up to three more, hit upload, on and on, then close the window when you have them all. I'd probably keep it down to about 5 pics just for the server's sake, and for people with dial up, I'm sure it may take a while for the page to load.

Either way, Nice E, amazing how much cleaner almost any car looks without those logos. It makes it almost brandless, so it can be yours.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks great, nice job.

Question for all regarding the upper grill. Does anyone know if the upper grill section of the '07 comes out clean like this one? I did the lower grill on mine and was thinking about doing the upper as well, but I'd want it to look clean and OEM, if ya know what I mean.

Anyway, nice job on yours!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Looks great, nice job.

Question for all regarding the upper grill. Does anyone know if the upper grill section of the '07 comes out clean like this one? I did the lower grill on mine and was thinking about doing the upper as well, but I'd want it to look clean and OEM, if ya know what I mean.

Anyway, nice job on yours!
That mesh stuff billion has is the best since it's stiff, the other gutter guard stuff gets flimsy, but if you paint it, you have to keep touching it up. Mesh always looks good i nthe right conditions, and the E is definitly one of them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Serj'. Yup, I was thinking the exact same thing about my gutter gaurd lower grille. It's really flimsy and I can see it getting clogged up with bugs and being really hard to clean...or really easy spraying it down with the garden hose. I originally wanted to use expanded metal for the lowers also, but the stuff at HD & Lowe's only come in 24" x 12". The lower grille needs at least 30" to cover the lower. Now I'm searching for a local metal yard to get the dimensions I need.
Your also right about the touch ups. As soon as I finish a new lower grille, I'm planning on gettting all of them powder coated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts