Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the history, but haven't found a close enough match. Here's the situation: the Jammeress' right side low beam was not lighting yesterday, but it was this morning. The light apparently dimmed during the day, and was not working this evening. I replaced the lamp with a known good one, but it failed to light.

The fuse seemed good, but I swapped the left side's fuse with the right side's, just to check, and this had no effect (i.e. the right side stayed off and the left stayed on.)

I suspect the wiring or the plug. Before I start pulling wires and clips, what is the most likely source of the problem. Also does anyone know which pole on the connector is low/high/ground?

Thanks in advance,
G.J.
(It is better to light a single headlight than to curse the darkness. Of course, the State Police might not agree.)

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
My service manual is out in the garage right now. If you don't have an answer by the time I get home tomorrow I'll let you know.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Pull the bulb, and look into the socket. Does it look clean?

If you have a Vom then test the plug with the lights on to see if you are sporting 12.5 v at the plug.

If it looks good then start looking at the ground for that side. Test it with the ohm meter. You MUST show a dead short! Zero ( 0 ) ohms of resistance.

Dom

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. "Known good bulb" wasn't. :oops:
G.J.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh man, dontcha hate that? Right up with installing a defective new part. "Can't be that, has to be something else!"
It's always the last thing on the list possibilities. In the immortal words of Gabby Hayes "Dag nabbit."

Oh well, it was about two hours of human/Element "bonding."
G.J.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts