Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, new to the forum.

I am planning to get a new 09 element EX in upcoming days. but I can't decide on color.

I have my mind set on 2, crystal black pearl or tango red pearl.

the TRP also have a navi in it already, which i like. my wife like this color too. but I really like the black, but it doesn't have navi on it. which is not too bad. I like the TRP, but I never a fan of the red, but this color looks pretty good. I don't know how I feel about driving a red car around, even I like the color alot

so my question is does the navi worth the extra 1-1.5k. which of the 2 colors is more popular and easier to maintain.

Thanks in advance, can't wait to get the car

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Welcome, Rooney168.

Black is a bitch to keep clean, but lots of folks like their Black Es.

Adding an aftermarket navi will be a lot cheaper than painting the car!
Yeah, what he said! :rolleyes: I do love my CBP and Navi unit but he has a point.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have had one black car. The first and last.

It would stay clean for hours, but never for one day. Dust and the tiniest scratches (rub against it with jeans - it scratches) would stand out. Drive it to work and when you come to your car after work, no matter how the day started, it is dirty. I absolutely hated it. Sold it mostly because of the color.

Lighter colors tend to look clean for days, not hours.

Tango red is actually quite dark. Probably not as bad as black but you will wash it a lot.

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I bought mine, I wanted black but knew it was going to be tuff to keep clean so I started looking at different colors. Kept leaning towards the black though... I went with it and have no regrets. Sure it needs cleaning more often, but its worth it ! You can always get a portable nav system and use it in different vehicles when needed. (just my opinion)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Personally I don't like the black. I had an opportunity to purchase a NBP for a good price but I just was not happy with the thought of owning black. It's so common and so hard to keep clean. Just couldn't do it.

Unfortunately, I have an obsession with orange, or I would have ended up with a lovely TRP which is a gorgeous color (says the girl who usually hates red vehicles). I really like the Tango Red and it was a very close second choice for me. I just couldn't say no to a used TM though....I absolutely love this shade of orange!

I say go with the TR...it's such a pretty color.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for everyone's input. I think I will go with the black. I really want the nav, but it is probably better to get a aftermarket in-dash nav unit. Not to mention the price diff from 09 EX to 09 EX with nav is like 3000 dollars. Element at my area(MD) is some what at a low supply. I think I got a good deal by paying only 80 dollars above invoice. Hopefully, I can drive the E home tomorrow. can't wait.:)

·
Registered
428 Posts
I really want the nav, but it is probably better to get a aftermarket in-dash nav unit. Not to mention the price diff from 09 EX to 09 EX with nav is like 3000 dollars. Element at my area(MD) is some what at a low supply. I think I got a good deal by paying only 80 dollars above invoice. Hopefully, I can drive the E home tomorrow. can't wait.:)
For Navi, If you know for sure you will get a OEM or aftermarket built in GPS. You really should compared the function differences between Honda OEM & aftermarket, & the value return between them, not just on the list price of $3000 more on E with Navi. IMHO, you stand a better chance to get $3000 reduced to a reasonable price when is part of $20k+ nagotiation, compared to getting reduction from aftermarket Navi unit + GPS/camera accessory + installation, if you are not going to DYI.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts