Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
decided to take two weeks off and follow my dreams. will be cruising up the coast of cali. let me know any cool places things I should know and little hidden spots maybe a few places to sleep in my car

·
Registered
87 Posts
Travel on coastal route 1 and there are lots of gorgeous spots! Take your time, and get out of the car a lot!

You might want to look at the DeLorme or Benchmark atlas, which have detailed topo maps and info about recreational sites; that’s also a good way to see small roads and scope federal land where “dispersed camping” is allowed.

State park campgrounds are likely to be full—check online as far ahead as you can.

PM me if you have any specific questions about the Bay Area.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello Puppy duck, If you travel through southern cali I would recommend driving down PCH (Pacific coast highway). You will hit all of. the major beaches and KOA's as well. If you need a place to park or crash your welcome to come through where I live just send me a msg. Enjoy your travels

·
Registered
50 Posts
Santa cruz Mystery spot . Fun little attraction San jose Winchester mystery house . of course sf all the usual tourest destinations lumbard street, alcatraz, coit tower carful where you park in sf windows get broken all the time and dont go far from the car when there. depending on route these are just a few sleep in your car on the beach pismo if its open

·
Registered
2004 element ex Auto Trans 234,000miles
114 Posts
I read somewhere recently that parts of the best coastal road(PHC?) is still closed due to landslides taking huge sections of road down the cliffside and into the ocean.see if u can fimd out if it's still closed and where...be careful if traveling at night on unfamiliar winding roads. On Jun 28 2021 We are headed from Florida to San Diego in our 04 E with 235,200miles on her. Then 26 days later we r going to point our selves back east and do the whole trip in reverse. Enjoy your senic winding coastal drive and

may "theE" Force be with you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.