Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the Silverstar bulbs in which one crapped out after a short period of time. I put the stock bulbs back in and was fine with them but just yesterday the drivers side burnt out. Not a problem, I have done this before and now I know how to do this - pretty easy once you do it once. Anyway, bought a new pair so I could replace both.

Drivers side went in one, two, three. I said ok, let me do the passenger side as well before it gets dark out. Pulled out old, stuck in new, turned to put the rubber piece back on and before I knew it, the bulb fell in. I know you are going to ask how can this fall in, but it slipped in. I mean it is not like it fell all the way down, it is just in beyond the normal spot and will not come out.

I have tried every which was I could, turning and turning, jiggling and such, but the bulb just will not come out. I have tried to line up the tabs any which way possible and still the bulb just will not come out!!! :evil: I even put the plug back on and tried turning and such - no dice.

Has this happened to anyone else???? Any ideas on how to get the bulb out??? Right now I have it plugged in just in case I do have to drive somewhere, but I cannot keep it like this.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
it hasn't happened to me, but i imagine that the flange on the bulb must have fallen thru the openings cut out for the tabs, if you know what i'm trying to describe. in order to get it out, you're going to have to figure out how it got in and reverse the process. i would probably try to use forceps or needle nose pliers to grab the bulb, so that my fingers don't get in the way. if it fell in, then it must not have taken much force, so you'll just have to figure out how.

of course, you could remove the front, then remove the headlight, bake the headlight to open it up and remove the bulb. then reverse the process. of course, i'm not recommending this approach, but thinking about it might give you more patience to work the bulb out w/ forceps or whatever. <grin>

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ugh! I have it right up to the top, but I just cant get it to come back out of the hole! I just dont get it! I had someone else give it a go and no go. I will try it again tomorrow and see.

If this doesnt work, I think I am going to have to take the whole thing apart. This might be what I needed to do the few mods that I kept saying 'one day'. I am just kicking myself in the azz over this as it should have the most easiest fix and turned into clearing out my headlights, adding billet, etc :grin:

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Its not hard to take the front mask off and remove the housing and that will make it easier to come out instead of leaning over the front to work on it. About 15 min worth of work.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
SD have the idea. Much easier with the housing in your hand verses fishing it out. the bumper is very easy to take off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts