Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I have a 2005 EX. I'm replacing a burned out driver's side headlight and noticed that the wire clamp (a swinging gate that locks the headlight in place after insertion) is broken.

Anyone got a MacGyver workaroud for this clamp?

The Honda dealership said the clamp is part of the headlight assembly, which costs $225. The clamp itself is a glorified paper clip.

Just wondering what other owners have done to fix this. Without the clamp, the leadlight is misaligned with the passenger headlight and is easily jostled out of place.

Thank you.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Maybe a heavy duty elastic/rubber band? Maybe a Zip Tie? You may even be able to get an appropriate gauge piece of piano wire and try bend a replacement.

Your easiest bet may be to find a U Pull It junk yard and find another Honda to scavenge from, I would guess that they're the same for many many models.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Edward.

The junk yard option may be a good one. A ZipTie will probably have too much play. As you, I thought of just jerry-rigging the broken clamp with some extra that I can hook around the toothed bracket that the headlight fits into.

Or just solder the light in place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts