Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.....i've been MIA for a while but I decided it was time to update everyone on what has been going on with my E. I recently got rear ended someone cause I was really freakin tired after work and wasn't paying attention :-( I figured that since my car was going to be at the body shop for a while that I'd have a few things done. I had the mirrors and A pillars color matched while they were painting all the replacement pieces....i also added a fog light kit finally (with HIDs of course) and added the roof spoiler. I think the mod that I'm the happiest with is the headlight mod....I had the headlights baked open and had the amber reflectors painted with transparent gloss black paint!!! I've seen other posts where people have just taken the amber part out which looks ok, but I just can't stand the chrome piece that's left where the reflector would have been :twisted: ...it kinda makes the headlight look like some cheap aftermarket alteza light housing...but that's just my opinion. I'm freakin stoked with how the headlights turned out with the paint!
Well anyways, here's the before and after pics :
Before:

After:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
lol!!!!! I forgot to mention another cool mod....the sweet ass EOC sticker on my back window!!!!!!! 8)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
looking good. That's your work and Harris(?)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Sux that you damaged your E, but in the long run, I think it was a blessing in disguise. It looks awesome.

·
Registered
84 Posts
styling!

Hey, what HID kit did you use for your SC?

Nice grill, DIY or after-market?

Been looking to both to my RBP SC.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
the steak house

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol for days man! Rymo, my bad.....ya i work right across the street from there......i'm there 6 days a week so stop by and say hello! Hey goofcat...i'm using the DDM hid kits and grillecraft top and bottom sets....i did the install myself...it's pretty easy to do.

·
Registered
510 Posts
dang dude... thats wicked clean looking.

Thought about shaving the door handles and debadging the back?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Nice! I love a fully painted E!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dang dude... thats wicked clean looking.

Thought about shaving the door handles and debadging the back?
Hey thanks man! I contemplated debadging the car, but I decided to keep them because I don't want it to look like I did an sc conversion (especially with the painted mirrors and pillars)...but we'll see what ends up happening. Keeping the door handles for now but i'm planning on doing that eventually. I've got a really crazy rim/suspension set up that I'm saving up for. It's all top secret for now...but lets just say that negative camber is involved 8)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Any idea what kind of paint they used on the headlights?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i don't know what kind of paint they used, but i was told that it's called transparent black....at night you can still see the amber color (just barely though) in the reflectors....

·
Registered
28 Posts
i recently bought a 2007 SC. Same color and everything. I'd love to do the same thing to my E. Could you summarize the steps of installation? Also did you paint the amber part of the lights as well?
-ZAC

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just recently bought a 2007 SC. Same color as well. I'd love to do the same thing to my E. Could you summarize the process of installation... Also did you paint the amber part of the lights as well?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I didn't do the mod myself...my buddy's shop did it. I can tell you that you have to take the bumper off to get to the headlights. Alot of people bake open their lights to do this mod (they use the oven in their kitchen), but that's not how my lights were done. My lights were cut open with a hot knife. After you get the headlights open, the amber portion of the headlights comes off. I couldn't tell you how, but there's a few other threads on the forums here where people just take the amber portion out completely. They have pretty detailed instructions on how to do it. My buddy's shop resealed the lights with some clear compund....he wouldn't tell me what it was, but it's rained plenty of times since the mod and there's 100% no leaks!!! Hope this helps...
-Big D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So i figured that I'd update everyone on the pics of the headlights....i have to admit that I've been hella lazy, but i finally took pics of the amber reflectors at night. It's pretty cool how they're all black in the day and still show amber at night!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts