Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
Does anyone know for sure the proper method of removing the wire terminals from the plastic headlight socket? I need to replace mine due to it getting mangled in an accident. I have one From the JY and don’t want to use butt splices etc, I want to remove the wires from the JY unit and use it, but can’t easily figure out how they come out.
anyone ever done it or know the right way to release them please let me know.
Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
14 Posts
Howdy,
Does anyone know for sure the proper method of removing the wire terminals from the plastic headlight socket? I need to replace mine due to it getting mangled in an accident. I have one From the JY and don’t want to use butt splices etc, I want to remove the wires from the JY unit and use it, but can’t easily figure out how they come out.
anyone ever done it or know the right way to release them please let me know.
Thanks, Bill
Is this what your looking for?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for delay, had health issues.
But, Yes! How do I release the actual wire end plugs from the plastic socket? Every wiring application auto or not has a way to remove them by depressing a tab in the housing or a tab on the plug etc. I just can’t figure it out.
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
14 Posts
You need a small pointy flat head to stick it inside to close the tab inside then you can pull it out from the back side.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did try that but no luck. I have the originals out because the socket was basically shattered so I can kinda see the tab that needs to be depressed to release it but the darn things won’t come out of the donor socket. This isn't my first time doing a wiring swap on cars just first time on a Honda (done GMs, Madas, and many many Fords) and I’ve always been successful with other using tools I have on hand.
I ordered a set of pin removal tools off amazon and hopefully one of them is the correct one. We’ll see what happens.
Unfortunately right now I have to finish some windshield area rust repair while I still have a few 50+ degree days left so I can get the new windshield installed before any more rainy or cold weather, hopefully done with fiberglass resin, sanding, primer, and paint today. Ugh
Thanks for your input, Bill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts