Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The headlight warning doesn't seem to be working. If the lights are on and the keys are out of the ignition and the driver's door is open it's silent. However, as soon as I open the driver's side rear door I hear the sound. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
my first guess is that the driver door switch is broken/disconnected or otherwise failing to tell the alarm control that the door is open. perhaps the wire fell off the back of the switch? or the switch got whacked w/ a seat belt or something? does the overhead light come on when you open the door? if not, then i'd check the switch.

·
Registered
839 Posts
my first guess is that the driver door switch is broken/disconnected or otherwise failing to tell the alarm control that the door is open. perhaps the wire fell off the back of the switch? or the switch got whacked w/ a seat belt or something? does the overhead light come on when you open the door? if not, then i'd check the switch.
I am thinking the same as well. The door switch is on the rear door so perhaps opening the rear door jars something causing it to make contact and complete the circuit.

Honda door switches (especially the ones with the rubber boot over top of them) are common for breaking. If they don't work properly, than can cause a host of issues from warning minders not working to not being able to lock the doors or arm the alarms.

Press on it with your finger and see if it moves smoothly. If it feels notchy or has alot of lateral (side to side) play in it, check the domelight as nacranym mentioned. If the domelight does not come on with the door open, I would purchase a new switch and go from there.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Be carefull untill you get it fixed.

Besides the posability of a dead battery...the "auto re-lock" function could lock the doors on you w/ your keys inside. :wink:

Your interior light prolly dosen't work normally either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ran into similar problems this week. Tested my switch and it was fine. I traced the problem down to a broken wire (and others getting ready to) in the harness that goes between the rear driver's side door and the rest part of the body. I replaced that wiring harness and all is working well now. A significant complication though was that the original style harness is no longer available. It plugged into connectors just inside the rear edge of the rear door. The replacement goes from inside the cargo area interior lining panel to all of the connectors, inside the rear door. This meant taking the inside panel off the door as well as the lining plastic sheet etc. Air bag/safety stuff is involved so read the manual...
The part numbers are;
32754-SCV-305 new
32756-SCV-A002 old
Enjoy... :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
thanks this post has been helpful to me because i am having same issues on my E08 and now i know what i need to have an mechanic fix so thanks i thought my E08 was just werid LOL cause not even my doom lights work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts