Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone has experience using headlight lense treatments? I bought Maguire's Headlight Protectant the other day, but before I use it I would like to know if it is going to actually work. It's to prevent the lense from oxidation and discoloring.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've used the Rain X kit and it worked. The only downfall, you will have to keep on applying the polishing compound or sealant to keep future oxidation from forming or you can put a protective over your headlights.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,521 Posts
I went with these:

http://www.weathertech.com/product-education-center/lampgard/

Been through 4.5+ years and a 6300 mile road trip. Semi-scratchy now, but nowhere near enough to replace. When they are, I'll just get another pair and switch them out. WELL worth the money (and no re-applying any compounds, liquids, etc., every now and then). I put them on both the HLs and fogs....:shock: :razz: :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
I've used the Mequires before on multiple cars and it is outstanding stuff. I'd recommend it and keep a tube around the garage. Used it on my old Rodeo when the lights went to shat and it cleaned them up way better then I expected. Usually pop a dose on all my cars about every other month and keeps them clear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts