Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
EOC Rank: Seagull
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. My names Kaleb. Long time reader first time posting. I have looked through the threads and i can't seem to see anyone else having this problem. I have an '03 Element and since I've had it it has always dimmed the headlights and dash lights whenever i roll my windows up. It will dim them so much it looks like I am flashing my high beams. Not sure about it so i thought I'd post. Thank you!

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Welcome, Ksutton4.

Does this happen with one window or both? Is the symptom as severe at speed as it is at idle? Do the lights dim at any other time?

Your window motor could be drawing to much amperage because of a poor connection or a motor going bad. Or it could be a problem with the ELD (see relevant threads). A voltmeter will provide useful data.

Incidentally, Alabaster Silver Metallic is a 2006–11 color. Satin Silver Metallic, perhaps?

Also, please add your location (Ozark, Mo., yes?) to your profile. It could help others help you.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Its more likely to be a deteriorating battery issue. Get it tested for free at a local auto parts store and also have them test the alternator while you're there.

·
EOC Rank: Seagull
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It happens with one window and when i try to roll up both windows. Yes, It is as severe at highway speeds as it is when it is idle. And the lights do not dim any other time. And I just purchased a new battery 2 months ago not for any reasons pertaining to this light issue just thought i needed to get a new since i hadn't gotten one while i have owned it.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Totally normal. The pipsqueak battery they put in the Element is susceptible to current draw. Mines done it since new doesn't matter what speed.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Lizzurd and Dan, I forgot to mention I've had a 1000 watt aftermarket stereo system in the E since new (if that makes a difference). After the stock battery I've only ever owned Duralast (not the greatest battery), but they keep re-upping the 3 year warranty after getting it replaced (for low output) after 2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts