Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the last couple time I flicked on my brights my lights would delay turning on. The lows would turn off immediately as normal, and I'd have nothing for a few seconds, and then the brights would go on. Now the brights won't turn at all. Any help is appreciated.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
I don't have an electrical schematic handy, but offhand I'd suspect the headlight relay, relay #7 in the under-hood fuse box. For diagnostic purposes, you could switch it with relay #2, the horn relay.

Another possibility is the switch in the steering column, but when possible, I try the easy, inexpensive fix first.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
For the record, does it exhibit the same behavior whether you push the stalk forward to the brights "on" position or pull it back to the "flash" position?

You could try reseating the headlight switch connector. I don't have my service manual at hand, but two of the illustrations in this post about the wiper switch should provide adequate guidance to accessing the headlight switch on the opposite side.

And you are sure that the bright filaments in both bulbs are OK, and likewise the connections at the bulbs? A VOM or 12V test light can answer that.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya it does it in both positions, and the filaments are fine.

I'll look at the switch when we get back from the badlands.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts